Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving with my family to Dubai in January. I have been many times with my husband who worked in Dubai. I love it, but i realise to live somewhere is very different to visiting. I have a daughter in year 10, (So 1st year of GCSE's), not ideal, & my youngest is in year 3. How do i go about securing a school place? Do i need an address. Is it better to be in the country & visit the schools rather than guess on line? I am more concerned about my daughter in year 10, geTting a school who matches her subjects in the UK. Your help will be greatly received

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you know where you will be living? That's probably going to affect your decision on school. If not, maybe the school will dictate where you live.

One of the most popular expat areas is Emirates Living (Springs, Meadows, Lakes etc.) and the Dubai British School is based there. That's probably a good first conversation for you; they will be able to talk you through how best to integrate your daughter so her exams aren't interupted.

Dubai British School

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
look at the 'Schools in Dubai' sticky thread at the top of this page.

Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest, then come back with specifics.
Good luck - schooling is the biggest headache, and a huge relief when it is sorted.

tip: sort schools BEFORE housing.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Schools are tough to get in, google british schools in Dubai, I think there are about 15. We got into an American school, but it took some time. We are moving Jan 1 also. Do you have a house or apartment yet? My husband visited the schools last month, feel free to mail me for more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts