Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wondering if some one could give me some advice ,me and my husband are wanting to move to cyprus with our 3 children who are only 5 ,3 an 6month ,wat is the cost of livin out there is it easy enough to get a job and wat are the schools liek we want to move to the soulth really but have heard its expensive to live there ,we are going to have a holiday to see wat we think but could do with abit of advice before we do any thing please .

·
Super Moderator
12,556 Posts
im wondering if some one could give me some advice ,me and my husband are wanting to move to cyprus with our 3 children who are only 5 ,3 an 6month ,wat is the cost of livin out there is it easy enough to get a job and wat are the schools liek we want to move to the soulth really but have heard its expensive to live there ,we are going to have a holiday to see wat we think but could do with abit of advice before we do any thing please .
Please take the time to read some of the threads and you will see that all your questions have been answered already many times.
In a nutshell though, it is very unwise to consider moving to Cyprus with young children unless you have very well paid jobs to come to.
These things have been covered ery many times already and there is no point in us repeating ourselves again and again so please read the existing threads.

Veronica

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi, yes Veronica is right, these questions have been asked before. Actually they are probably the most frequently asked questions on the Cyprus forum! Do have a look throught the existing threads. I'm sure you will find all your answers there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Veronica and Babs are right (and do most of the repetative work) - to point you in the right direction the sticky thread on schooling and the thread on cost of living are the most relevant. As your children are so young, you could save money by relying on free state education, but your children will end up speaking Greek dialect and their english will deteriorate which might be a problem if you plan to return to the UK in the future. The recession has hit Cyprus so there are few jobs around and historically the salaries in Cyprus are low compared to the UK which makes it very difficult (if not impossible) to raise a young family here. Come back with further questions if your circumstances and queries are not already covered in the many threads available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.