Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,I'm a UK shotgun licence holder and will be moving to France shortly. I want to take my guns over with me but cannot find any info concerning the process and the license regs in France. Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fire arms are always a problem. This mite take a while. Firearms are not among the goods that can be transported freely across borders. You will first have to clear your fire arms through French customs, I will get you the address, and then get them registered at the prefecture of the department you will be living in. Once all of that is done then you can bring them into the country. You may also need an export permit from England.
The form you need for importation is: (cerfa No 11290*02) Accord Préalable pour le Transfert D'armes a Feu et de Munitions. It is to be sent in 3 copies to: Direction générale des douanes et droits indirectes - cellule matériels de guerre. 11, rue des Deux-Communes, 93558 Montreuil CEDEX. Tel: 0157534679
For shotguns in general there is no problem. However, there a two exceptions: 1 Semi Auto must be limited to 3 shots. Pump shotguns are not allowed in France unless declared as war weapons which presents an other problem.
One last point. In order to own a firearm in France, you must be a member of a gun club and/or have a hunting permit.
Where will you be living in France?
I hope this is helpful to you.
Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts