Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
myself and my partner are moving to vancouver from ireland next spring and just wanted to get some advice.we are going over on a year working visa first to see how we get on. im a qualified hairstylist with 8 years experience but im also qualified as a montessori teacher with no experience. i would love to work in montessori but i was wondering is it hard to find work in that area with irish credentials. my partner is a qualified plumber with 4 1/2 yrs experience. i was wondering would it be difficult for him to get a job with irish credentials.
would be very grateful for any advice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey everyone,
myself and my partner are moving to vancouver from ireland next spring and just wanted to get some advice.we are going over on a year working visa first to see how we get on. im a qualified hairstylist with 8 years experience but im also qualified as a montessori teacher with no experience. i would love to work in montessori but i was wondering is it hard to find work in that area with irish credentials. my partner is a qualified plumber with 4 1/2 yrs experience. i was wondering would it be difficult for him to get a job with irish credentials.
Hi ,

my partner and i are movin to vancouver next year too (funnily enough hes from dublin) ,the only decent website ive found so far for jobs was monster.ca ,i would have to say tho lookin at jobs for me with a Ba (hons)business management and Human resources managent ,and himself a qualified printer ,it almost seems more difficult because the trade wasnt learned there ,weve felt it may be a case of seeing wots available once we get there.hope that helps a little

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
hey everyone,
I sujggest you direct your "Montesori" question to:-
Canadian Montessori Academy - Teacher Training

As far as your partner is concerned I believe he would require to sit what's known as the RED SEAL exam before being allowed to practice his trade in most of Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanx for the replies.does anyone know if its hard for irish to get jobs in plumbing over there.and also is there much of a difference in the style of plumbing.thanx everyone!

·
Registered
17 Posts
saw your post and just wondering did you make the move to Vancouver. Myself and my husband are moving over in September. He worked as a residential foreman here any info or tips you might be able to give us regarding the move accomodation etc would be great I work here as a legal secretary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.