Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi community!

In January 2018 I will be moving to Vancouver on a 2 year working visa. (Long term goals still undecided!) I am a rock climber looking to have relatively easy access to the mountains, Squamish etc. It seems like Gastown is a nice area to live but without knowing many other areas I cannot say for certain. I've also heard pretty good thanks about Mt Pleasant.

There seem to be a LOT of property agencies, are there any particular ones I should look for for excellence, or ones I should avoid?

The same question also for areas in Vancouver. As before I imagine i'm looking for somewhere not too far south as the mountains need to be accessible.

Any information at all would be much appreciated and would definitely help my search (and my nerves) pre move!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi community!

In January 2018 I will be moving to Vancouver on a 2 year working visa. (Long term goals still undecided!) I am a rock climber looking to have relatively easy access to the mountains, Squamish etc. It seems like Gastown is a nice area to live but without knowing many other areas I cannot say for certain. I've also heard pretty good thanks about Mt Pleasant.

There seem to be a LOT of property agencies, are there any particular ones I should look for for excellence, or ones I should avoid?

The same question also for areas in Vancouver. As before I imagine i'm looking for somewhere not too far south as the mountains need to be accessible.

Any information at all would be much appreciated and would definitely help my search (and my nerves) pre move!
Vancouver is one of the most expensive cities in the world. It's in BC which people have said really means Bring Cash. You mention Squamish so why not try to look/live there, close to the mountains. Sorry I can't help you with rental agencies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Money is not an issue really (probably for the first time in my life!). I will be working and i'll be bringing enough to get by, and as a software engineer I need to be in Vancouver for commuting purposes. The mountains are a hobby, and I wish I could afford to take a different job and live right up in Squamish but I do need to stay central.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi, Money is not an issue really (probably for the first time in my life!). I will be working and i'll be bringing enough to get by, and as a software engineer I need to be in Vancouver for commuting purposes. The mountains are a hobby, and I wish I could afford to take a different job and live right up in Squamish but I do need to stay central.
So you have a job already arranged?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.