Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi we are moving to usa to be with my sons and their family we are coming over on a us citizen parents visa all is in place my problem is i have not sold house yet and time is getting so we were thinking of coming over at xmas do the immagration thing then come back to sell house i am just confirming that ican do that and should we tell the immagration at lax our intentions i just want to do everthing right and by the book thanks for advice:plane::juggle::juggle:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
How long are you planning on staying?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
just about two weeks i thought my son could send green card on to us if they did not come while we were there
Two weeks won't get you very far. If your social security numbers haven't arrived after 10 days, go to the local SSA office and get those ordered. You won't have time to do your driver licenses.

Don't bother telling immigration about your plans. It's of no interest to them. Make sure you get back well within 180 days.

Also, as you arrive before the end of the year, probably best to throw a tax return in for 2009 -- even if it's all zeros. Save you problems down the road at naturalization time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts