Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am based from india and for work visa i am moving to UK London.
I have few small query is that - 2500 GBP per month is sufficient to survive in UK where include my rent, travelling, food and if any basic other expenses (possible any saving) and also wanted to know that i am shifting in june last week so what are the weather condition in june/july and what are the cloths are suitable to carry.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Regards,
Prash

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
It depends on where you are going to live and type of accommodation. A small flat in outer London (like Zone 3-4) will be around £1,000 to £1,500 a month. You need in addition utilities (around £100 a month), council tax (ditto), commuting, food, TV licence, phone (mobile and/or landline), clothes etc. It will be cheaper if you go for a house or flat share.
Summer clothes, plus a jacket. You probably won't need any woollens. Get the rest in UK. There are many cheap clothes stores like Primark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on where you are going to live and type of accommodation. A small flat in outer London (like Zone 3-4) will be around £1,000 to £1,500 a month. You need in addition utilities (around £100 a month), council tax (ditto), commuting, food, TV licence, phone (mobile and/or landline), clothes etc. It will be cheaper if you go for a house or flat share.
Summer clothes, plus a jacket. You probably won't need any woollens. Get the rest in UK. There are many cheap clothes stores like Primark.
Many Thanks Joppa.
I really dont know as such near by any area, and i am still looking on the google. If you can suggest and guide me for better location/ area which will be really helpful for me. As you said "A small flat in outer London (like Zone 3-4)" is how far and convenient to me travel to "15 College Road, Harrow Middlesex , HA1 1BA , London " as in this area is my work location. Is £2500 per month is sufficient (any saving can possible).
Request for all your help and support :)

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
If working in Harrow, I suggest you live in Harrow itself or nearby like Wealdstone, Northwick Park etc to cut down on commuting. They are good/reasonable residential areas. You should be able to live simply with your income. You may be able to save a little if you go for a flat or house share rather than a place of your own (self-contained with own front door).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If working in Harrow, I suggest you live in Harrow itself or nearby like Wealdstone, Northwick Park etc to cut down on commuting. They are good/reasonable residential areas. You should be able to live simply with your income. You may be able to save a little if you go for a flat or house share rather than a place of your own (self-contained with own front door).
Thanks you again..

There is any initial house deposit (security) i need to pay for rented the flat? if yes then appox how much?

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
Deposit or bond (usually equivalent of around 3-month rent) plus a month rent in advance. With no credit and UK rental history, you may be asked to pay 6-month rent in advance, unless you can get a UK guarantor.
All those areas are well connected by tube and bus, and pretty safe (but you need to get the location right - like everywhere else, some streets are dodgy). It's outer London, Zone 4-5. Takes about 40-60 min to get into Central London. Quite large Indian population too (and from other parts of the subcontinent).

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,108 Posts
Hi,
Is the £2500 per month the amount of money you will be earning?
If so, have you quoted the gross or net salary? In other words the amount the company are quoting in job offer or the amount you actually receive in your bank account after deductions (income tax and national insurance).
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
Is the £2500 per month the amount of money you will be earning?
If so, have you quoted the gross or net salary? In other words the amount the company are quoting in job offer or the amount you actually receive in your bank account after deductions (income tax and national insurance).
Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve,

£2500 is actually receive in my bank account after deductions

Regrd,
Prash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.