Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a Luso-canadian girl currently living in Spain but I'm planning to move to Toulouse next May, in order to find a job and to improve the french language.

The problem is that I don't know where to find a job (I have a degree, but I just want to find a job: cleaning, etc), a place to stay, etc.

Anyone could help, please!

Thanks,

Koriscaa

·
Registered
664 Posts
Korsicaa - so many people looking at your message and no-one replying. I like your words - you want to come here to improve the French language - but I think we Brits got here first - is "relooker" the worst example?

Seriously - how about a little more information to help us. What is your degree in? Why Toulouse in particular? What job would you like to do? Presumably something more rewarding than being a cleaner. Could you live on a cleaner's wages? What job could you do with your education and previous work experience, if any? Is your French good enough to get a better job than a cleaner?

Why not go to Toulouse and look in shop windows - many will have adverts for staff. But if your French isn't good enough ......

There are enough appartment rental sites on the internet - have a look to see what you can afford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Korsicaa - so many people looking at your message and no-one replying. I like your words - you want to come here to improve the French language - but I think we Brits got here first - is "relooker" the worst example?

Seriously - how about a little more information to help us. What is your degree in? Why Toulouse in particular? What job would you like to do? Presumably something more rewarding than being a cleaner. Could you live on a cleaner's wages? What job could you do with your education and previous work experience, if any? Is your French good enough to get a better job than a cleaner?

Why not go to Toulouse and look in shop windows - many will have adverts for staff. But if your French isn't good enough ......

There are enough appartment rental sites on the internet - have a look to see what you can afford.
Hi contentedscot:
It’s true so many people looking at my message…I’m happy you replied me.
Well I have a degree in languages and business communication (English, French and Portuguese)…the problem is that I don’t speak French for about 3 or 4 years, so I have to practice the language in order to find a better job in France. Anyway, I think until May, my French will be much better because I studying it.
Why Toulouse? Well in October some friends will be studying at the university in Toulouse, so I thought, why not?
I really don’t know if I’m capable to live on a cleaner's wages but I really have to try to find a job before I go there and we all know that it s much easier to find a job that no one wants to do!!! In addition, I’m saving some money to go there and I’m afraid that it wouldn’t be enough…
Here in Spain, Valencia, I was supposed to work in translation (French to Spanish) but they aren’t very organized, so I’m working with administrative stuff. In Portugal, I have worked as cashier in a Supermarket, as a receptionist, as administrative, etc…Also in seasonal jobs!
Thanks for your reply!
Korisca

·
Registered
664 Posts
I can only suggest Googling Toulouse Jobs - it's a start. Presumably hotels will be taking on more staff as the summer season approaches. There's also fast food restaurants - all the things you have done. But you really need to be there - good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Korsica,

I was wondering if you find a solution yet as I am in your same situation (maybe even worst as I don't speak French yet, I am taking classes... )I am Italian and I've been studying ad working in Barcelona, Bristol and Rome and now my boyfriend has been relocated in Toulouse. So I am desperate to find the way to follow him.

If you want I found this link it might be usefull for you: Ambassade Cabinet Conseil, Cabinet de recrutement en hotellerie et restauration

Let me know if you have any advice or news to share with me!!!! bye bye

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi amandafe,

Well it will be difficult to find a job if you don't speak french, at least a good one...The first advice I can give you is to go to CRAM (Basso Cambo) and write a request letter in order to demand a french social security number (they will ask you ID and birth certificate card)...in 15 days you will have the number and you can search for a job (go to interim and pole-emploi).

I had some problems because I didn't have the social security number, some employers have refused to give me a contract because of that, even if we are Europeans! Now, I found a job but in Toulouse!

Tell me if I can help!

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.