Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my wife and I want to move to toledo next year. Any recomendations about neighborhoods? We are both freelance workers so all we are looking for is a nice, quiet, safe zone with good internet conection haha :) I guess we won't buy a car for a while so we'll need a supermarket nearby.

I have family and friends in Madrid but it's expensive to live and I'm kind of tired of big cities.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
15,901 Posts
Hello, I meant Toledo city ;)

Thanks!
OK, it's just that you said you were tired of big cities. :)

As I recall the old historic part is on a hill on one side of the Tagus, though there are some residential areas down towards the river. The other side of the river is flat and is where most people live. The public transport is excellent.

I've only spent a few days there so I'm not really qualified to comment, but hopefully someone else will come along with more to offer.

PS you shouldn't have any problems with internet, as the city is served with fibre optic cable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, it's just that you said you were tired of big cities. :)

As I recall the old historic part is on a hill on one side of the Tagus, though there are some residential areas down towards the river. The other side of the river is flat and is where most people live. The public transport is excellent.

I've only spent a few days there so I'm not really qualified to comment, but hopefully someone else will come along with more to offer.

PS you shouldn't have any problems with internet, as the city is served with fibre optic cable.
Thanks for the info :) I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina atm so Toledo population sounds like heaven to me haha.

Hopefully we will be there by the end of January :plane:
Thanks again!

·
Administrator
36,699 Posts
Thanks for the info :) I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina atm so Toledo population sounds like heaven to me haha.

Hopefully we will be there by the end of January :plane:
Thanks again!
if you are an Argentine national, as your flag suggests, have you checked out which visa you might qualify for (and applied) ?

without one, you will only be able to stay up to 90 days in 180

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have both nationalities , so no problem with that :) I'm going to present my marriage at Buenos aires consulate and get the "libro de familia" so my wife can enter without a problem and then ask for the residencia.
:)

·
Administrator
36,699 Posts
I have both nationalities , so no problem with that :) I'm going to present my marriage at Buenos aires consulate and get the "libro de familia" so my wife can enter without a problem and then ask for the residencia.
:)

which two nationalities?

You might want to change your 'from' flag to show the most relevant to your situation with regard to living in Spain ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have spain and argentine nationality but I've never lived there so I will be an expat? haha
My grandparents were from spain so my dad has both nationalities and so do I.

·
Administrator
36,699 Posts
Well I have spain and argentine nationality but I've never lived there so I will be an expat? haha
My grandparents were from spain so my dad has both nationalities and so do I.
your Spanish nationality obviously means that you can easily move here, which you wouldn't be able to do if you didn't have that

I believe you would be considered a 'returning Spaniard'

Look for posts by AllHeart - she is from Canada but through 'inherited' Spanish nationality she has now moved here

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello, guys.

Also moving to Toledo.

Move there in a few weeks and currently apartment hunting.

Anyone else there just now? Any tips/advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello, guys.

Also moving to Toledo.

Move there in a few weeks and currently apartment hunting.

Anyone else there just now? Any tips/advice?

Thanks!
I'm moving in February :fingerscrossed: I'm already checking fotocasa,enalquiler,idealista,etc. Good luck :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi, I have lived 10kms from Toledo for about 3 years and I find it a very safe city. There are 2 excellent shopping centres, one in an area called Bargas and the other in the poligono, both areas have excellent housing coupled with good facilities and schools. The casco is very pretty and river walks are excellent but not for the faint hearted but public transport is excellent. I am very happy in this area and will probably pop my clogs here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been here almost 5 months now.

If you need advice, I can try help.
Hello, I'll be moving in May :( I still have way to much things to sell/give away etc..
Thanks for your reply and I'm sure I'll bother you sometime later hehehe.. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, we lived there for a month but it's not very convenient for everyday stuff so we moved to Santa Barbara (near the Train Station). We can walk to the Casco (15 min and take the escalators or take a bus. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts