Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my husband and I have just moved to the UK from South Africa. We would ideally like to bring our dogs up to live with us once winter is over here and I was just wondering whether anyone else had moved their pets from SA to the UK, and if so, whether they adapted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratz on the move!

About 12 years ago, I brought my pug to London with me and he had zero issues so long as he got fed the same as he did in Manhattan! We were living in NYC and as you can imagine its a busy city like London so it wasn't an issue. Now, if you lived in the burbs like Midrand he or she may be a little unsettled for a few weeks. Does that help?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I brought my cat from Australia to the Uk. He loved it there, or seemed to even though on the first day it snowed, and he had never seen snow before.
I collected him at heathrow and he was cross to have been in a crate for the flight- instead of his usual palace, but that was all. Super fine, very fit, very happy.
We used a company to do all the tests and paper work.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ok, thanks for that :)

I got a quote done for our cat and it was too going to be about $2000 NZD.

Can't remember who it was through though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Moving a pet with you may be most stressful things. If you are planning to move with your pet, first of all make clear about their climate & ask their doctor about their health & precaution from any diseases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.