Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We're a couple of recent college graduates in our early twenties. I'm from Spain and my boyfriend is Belgian. We're planning on moving to England this year, but we're having some trouble deciding where exactly to go :confused:

We think we'd be better off not choosing London due to the high cost of living there. We've been reading this and other websites and have been considering the Bristol, Manchester and Cambridge areas to relocate to. Key concerns are: cost of living, job opportunities and safety. Relatively good weather is a secondary concern.

I'm a graduate in Environmental Biology and I hold a master's degree in Environmental Management. My boyfriend has a degree in Management, but neither of us has any working experience. We have about 10,000 pounds in savings to get us started.

We were wondering if someone could give us some realistic feedback on the areas we're considering given our preferences (other options are welcomed).

Thank you very much for you help.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well,
I lived in Manchester for a few years and it's a great city, Cambridge is beautiful (maybe a bit too beautiful!) and my favorite is Bristol (but I only spent one summer there!).
Saying that, it really depends on what you like and what you plan on doing. I think finding work anywhere will be difficult and all cities you mentioned have universities so there may be employment to be found (or not!) there.
Bristol is a funky mix of old and new, ugly and beautiful--too crowded, but a lovely harbour, tons of students and also young families and a great art/music scene.
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.