Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I have just received my PR visa for NSW (sub class 190). I am planning to migrate with my family of wife and 2 kids - 11 and 9 years. I am planning to land there first and scout for a new job. I am a SAP HCM certified consultant on the wrong side of 40. Would any of the gurus on this forum help me with few things?
1. Is this the right time to move to Sydney (planning in mid Aug 2015)?
2. What are the things I need to take care of before I embark?
3. How do I get a Aussie CV made? Any agents?
4. How much money should I carry assuming a stay of 3-4 months looking for a job? And how to carry?
5. Any services I need to register like job agent etc?

Looking forward for your responses.
PV

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dear all,

I have just received my PR visa for NSW (sub class 190). I am planning to migrate with my family of wife and 2 kids - 11 and 9 years. I am planning to land there first and scout for a new job. I am a SAP HCM certified consultant on the wrong side of 40. Would any of the gurus on this forum help me with few things?
1. Is this the right time to move to Sydney (planning in mid Aug 2015)?
2. What are the things I need to take care of before I embark?
3. How do I get a Aussie CV made? Any agents?
4. How much money should I carry assuming a stay of 3-4 months looking for a job? And how to carry?
5. Any services I need to register like job agent etc?

Looking forward for your responses.
PV

Seniors - Can anyone suggest best recruitment agencies to be approached after landing in Sydney? Is it worth to apply from offshore?

Ganesh:confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi ,

Would someone be able to advise on :

1. Which will the cheapest area in Sydney to live
2. Which is the cheapest place in Australia to live

Doing financial planning for jobless months after entry...

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seniors - Can anyone suggest best recruitment agencies to be approached after landing in Sydney? Is it worth to apply from offshore?

Ganesh:confused:
Hi,

I also got PR in this month and planing to move in January to Sydney, I heard from sep to jan last week there won't be any jobs, so better to plan in jan end.

Regards,
Vineel Koneru

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi ,

Would someone be able to advise on :

Doing financial planning for jobless months after entry...

Thanks.
1. Which will the cheapest area in Sydney to live - There are lot of places. Far from the city, the cheaper it becomes
2. Which is the cheapest place in Australia to live - That would be Brisbane or Melbourne

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dear Varma

1. Is this the right time to move to Sydney (planning in mid Aug 2015)? - Mid August is fine till sep end. If not Feb
2. What are the things I need to take care of before I embark? - There are lot of posts on that. Search for them
3. How do I get a Aussie CV made? Any agents? - You can approach agents but get yours vetted by some recruitment agency
4. How much money should I carry assuming a stay of 3-4 months looking for a job? And how to carry? - Assuming you are single, atleast 10 K for 4 months for a decent stay. Carry 1000 and transfer rest to your bank account here ( Assuming you opened one)
5. Any services I need to register like job agent etc? - Update linkedin profile, search for consultants who look for your kind of profiles and add them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts