Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am thinking about moving to Sydney soon. I am living in Brisbane and I was born in Australia and have lived here all my life. (so it sort of defeats the whole international purpose of this forum.. sorry ;p) Anyway, I know a lot about Brisbane suburbs like if you named one I could tell you who and what class it is suitable for etc. So I sort of need the same here. I am going down soon and going to get a homeloan of between 300-400. (Please don't lecture me our household income is more than 100,000 and I have other savings and plans etc.)

Anyway I wanted to know what is a suburb to get a house between 300-500 thousand, that has good commute time (hopefully around 30 minutes). Within 25 km radius and it doesnt bother me if its not the best suburb cause by the time I have a family the house value will probably be really high and most of the housing commision will probably go into units in other more distant suburbs. =)

I've been looking at granville, your opinions please? Thankyou.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi Z

cant help u with the suburb, just wanted to welcome u. Amaslam is in Sydeny, hopefully he will write soon :)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You'll need to look at the Inner West (like you find Granville and surrounds) and also you can look at Sutherland Shire (around the airport). While you find plenty of units in that price range and commute time you don't find many houses.

If you extend your commute time to 60 mins each way then you can also consider the Hills area (Castle Hill, Baulkum Hills, Ryde, Hornsby).

Hey everyone I am thinking about moving to Sydney soon. I am living in Brisbane and I was born in Australia and have lived here all my life. (so it sort of defeats the whole international purpose of this forum.. sorry ;p) Anyway, I know a lot about Brisbane suburbs like if you named one I could tell you who and what class it is suitable for etc. So I sort of need the same here. I am going down soon and going to get a homeloan of between 300-400. (Please don't lecture me our household income is more than 100,000 and I have other savings and plans etc.)

Anyway I wanted to know what is a suburb to get a house between 300-500 thousand, that has good commute time (hopefully around 30 minutes). Within 25 km radius and it doesnt bother me if its not the best suburb cause by the time I have a family the house value will probably be really high and most of the housing commision will probably go into units in other more distant suburbs. =)

I've been looking at granville, your opinions please? Thankyou.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah thankyou for this, I have found houses in Granville for around 350-450 which is around what I am looking for. I've been to Sydney a few times in my life and I remember going to Sutherland and I remember not liking it very much (sorry if you live there or you are offended) Thanks very much for the advice but at the moment I'm concentrating on a suburb not in bankstown and at least more east then parramatta. And thanks anj hello to you too =)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
No not offended at all, plenty of people love the Shire and hate it as well. I'm in the Northern Beaches where houses started at mid 600s and go up up up from there (realistically 750-850 for something decent).

Ah thankyou for this, I have found houses in Granville for around 350-450 which is around what I am looking for. I've been to Sydney a few times in my life and I remember going to Sutherland and I remember not liking it very much (sorry if you live there or you are offended) Thanks very much for the advice but at the moment I'm concentrating on a suburb not in bankstown and at least more east then parramatta. And thanks anj hello to you too =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No not offended at all, plenty of people love the Shire and hate it as well. I'm in the Northern Beaches where houses started at mid 600s and go up up up from there (realistically 750-850 for something decent).
If only I could afford to live there. But essentially our plan is to move to some house in Sydney but it doesn't matter if it looks like a piece of **** cause we'll spend at least a decade in that house, cleaning and adding things to it. Most people I know would rather live in a really bad outtercity suburb but their house is big and modern. I'd rather buy a house in a good suburb even if its bad so I can fix it up. Eventually I want to move to the epping/ryde area later in my life.

Enough of my plans, thanks for all your help and i hope i make the right choice. =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts