Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
i recently received my Pr grant and moving to sydney in july 2015. Starting up this thread to get together a group of people moving at the same time. May be we guys can help each other and provide company in a new city.

What am looking for initially

1. Arrange for initial temporary accommodation.

2. Opening my bank account.

3. After reaching collecting my debit card from brach.

4. Apply for TFN

5. Register for Medicare

6. Find a job and move to a more permanent place.

Any ideas regarding any of above topic would be highly helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Himurules,

When r u planning to travel to Sydney in July? I am planning to travel by end of July or early August...I am looking for initial accommodation too. Do you have any pointers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am flying on 14th july and reaching on 15th morning. Haven't finalaized accommodation yet. I think i will take initial accommodation near airport at a place which is like 35$ per night in airbnb.com.au, can send u the link if ur interested. But from august would like to move in an affordable shared room with rent in range of 800-1000$ per month with everything included. Where r u from? R u moving permanently too or for short term? U should check out airbnb.com.au and gumtree initially. Let ne know what are ur plans?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Am flying on 14th july and reaching on 15th morning. Haven't finalaized accommodation yet. I think i will take initial accommodation near airport at a place which is like 35$ per night in airbnb.com.au, can send u the link if ur interested. But from august would like to move in an affordable shared room with rent in range of 800-1000$ per month with everything included. Where r u from? R u moving permanently too or for short term? U should check out airbnb.com.au and gumtree initially. Let ne know what are ur plans?
Planning to reach Sydney on Aug 2nd. I have not been able to find a place in Sydney yet...I ll book the air tickets once I find a place to stay. I am planning to make my initial entry, search for a jobs until Oct. If I get lucky then wonderful or I will get back and reserve further job hunt to a later time. I am from Kerala. Which part of India are you from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am dehradun, would be looking to grab a job as soon as possible too. Am a php developer. I posted here to find some potential roommates. Ne ways, let me know when u finalaize ur plans n i would see what can i do to help u find a lication fir urself

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello Everyone,
i recently received my Pr grant and moving to sydney in july 2015. Starting up this thread to get together a group of people moving at the same time. May be we guys can help each other and provide company in a new city.

What am looking for initially

1. Arrange for initial temporary accommodation.

2. Opening my bank account.

3. After reaching collecting my debit card from brach.

4. Apply for TFN

5. Register for Medicare

6. Find a job and move to a more permanent place.

Any ideas regarding any of above topic would be highly helpful.
Hello buddy,

Even driving license will be required if you are planning to buy in future. Its better get your license now only or else once you get the job it would be additional burden to take leaves and go for the test.

I am planning to land in Syndey on Sept 1st.

Reactions: samdam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Himurules,

When r u planning to travel to Sydney in July? I am planning to travel by end of July or early August...I am looking for initial accommodation too. Do you have any pointers?

Hi Girlinaussie,

I have 5+ years of experience in software Industry as a Tester both in Manual and Automation Testing. I would like to migrate to Australia through skilled professionals category. Could you please let me know about the types of visas and job category that i need to apply for assessment.

My Qualification is MCA(Master of Computer Applications).

Please share your ideas, that will help me..

·
Registered
13 Posts
With God's grance, I Got the golden mail (Visa Grant) for self and family today. This forum have been so informative with lots of information being shared that could regain confidence amongst all Visa applicants. Thanks to all forum members for your continuous support.

Looking forward for smooth settling in Australia with your further guidance......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Planning to reach Sydney on Aug 2nd. I have not been able to find a place in Sydney yet...I ll book the air tickets once I find a place to stay. I am planning to make my initial entry, search for a jobs until Oct. If I get lucky then wonderful or I will get back and reserve further job hunt to a later time. I am from Kerala. Which part of India are you from?
Hey have laneded in sydney? How is ur job search going on?

·
Registered
45 Posts
X

·
Registered
29 Posts
With God's grance, I Got the golden mail (Visa Grant) for self and family today. This forum have been so informative with lots of information being shared that could regain confidence amongst all Visa applicants. Thanks to all forum members for your continuous support.

Looking forward for smooth settling in Australia with your further guidance......
Great News. Best of luck for your future endeavors. Could you please tell how much experience do you have and in which field?
I am planning to apply for "Telecommunication Engineer", although I am project manager (Telco) and I have 8 years of experience.

Your views on this would be greatly appreciated.
Br,
Ali

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi my name is rehman and I am from Bangalore. am moving to Sydney alone in the end of October. Please let me know if someone travelling during same time .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts