Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for any input from the Forum community about things I should think about for a 6-month stay in Sydney, January 2011 through June 2011. I think this timeframe corresponds with the first two trimesters of the Sydney school system (?). My boys will be 9 (our US 3rd grade) and 12 (our US 7th grade) at that time, though I think they will have covered the first half of the year when the start the beginning of the school year in Sydney. I'm a freelance author so I'm also curious as to whether this matters in the equation. You can respond to the list or me directly at REMOVED. Thx, mc

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi MC:

You should consider deleting your e-mail as this is a open forum and you can get lots of SPAM if a robot reads the forum and gets your e-mail. Second this forum works because the responses are public, so best to keep the answers within the postings.

The first question is:
1. What visa will you come into AU on? If it's visitor then you can't enrol your children in AU public school for free, you will pay school fees.
2. If it's PR visa then you can, so best to contact the school in AU you want to enrol them in before you get here to find out the paperwork requirements.

Hi,

I'm looking for any input from the Forum community about things I should think about for a 6-month stay in Sydney, January 2011 through June 2011. I think this timeframe corresponds with the first two trimesters of the Sydney school system (?). My boys will be 9 (our US 3rd grade) and 12 (our US 7th grade) at that time, though I think they will have covered the first half of the year when the start the beginning of the school year in Sydney. I'm a freelance author so I'm also curious as to whether this matters in the equation. You can respond to the list or me directly at REMOVED. Thx, mc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I delete or edit this?

Thanks for the advice and information - I'm logged into the Forum but I don't have an edit button for my post to change or delete it. The FAQ says this option is sometimes disabled by the administrator/moderator. You've answered my question about schools so my post can now be deleted.

Thanks again, mc

Hi MC:

You should consider deleting your e-mail as this is a open forum and you can get lots of SPAM if a robot reads the forum and gets your e-mail. Second this forum works because the responses are public, so best to keep the answers within the postings.

The first question is:
1. What visa will you come into AU on? If it's visitor then you can't enrol your children in AU public school for free, you will pay school fees.
2. If it's PR visa then you can, so best to contact the school in AU you want to enrol them in before you get here to find out the paperwork requirements.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I'll edit it, I'll leave the post up as others can benefit from the answer.

Thanks for the advice and information - I'm logged into the Forum but I don't have an edit button for my post to change or delete it. The FAQ says this option is sometimes disabled by the administrator/moderator. You've answered my question about schools so my post can now be deleted.

Thanks again, mc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts