Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding my case?

I'm a non EU citizen and I've just recently gotten married to my husband last April and he is Spanish citizen . We're currently living in Sydney Australia. We are planning to make the big move to Spain in March!

As a wife of a Spanish citizen, what do I have to do to be able to move there? Can anyone please shed light on this for me?

Thank you all in advance!

xxMaria

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding my case?

I'm a non EU citizen and I've just recently gotten married to my husband last April and he is Spanish citizen . We're currently living in Sydney Australia. We are planning to make the big move to Spain in March!

As a wife of a Spanish citizen, what do I have to do to be able to move there? Can anyone please shed light on this for me?

Thank you all in advance!

xxMaria
I've moved your post to a thread of its own for you.

You can simply accompany your husband to Spain when he comes. Depending on your nationaility you might need a Schengen visa to enter.

Once here, you apply for residency as your husband's spouse. Residencia por matrimonio

PORTAL DE INMIGRACIÓN Ministerio de Empleo y Seguridad Social: Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thank you so much for your help!!

Would you know if we have to register our marriage beforehand? If so, can we do it at the Spanish consulate in Sydney? :)

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
I'm not sure, but it certainly couldn't hurt, so why not check at the Consulate anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts