Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy abroad, somewhere hot

but!!!!!!!!!!

The exchange rate is terrible? Does anyone else have this problem?!?!?!?!?!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

but!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Simon

not sure what you are asking :confused: everyone who needs to exchange sterling for euros will no doubt have a problem with it at the moment ... as the rate is so damned awful !!!

If the rate is proving to be too bad for you at the moment then its obviously not the right time for you to but. Also take into account that the predictions are the housing prices will come down further before the level out ... so another reason maybe to hang on ??

Do you know where you want to buy yet ?

Sue :ranger:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
the exchange rate is affecting alot of expats who rely on income form sterling, either retirees or commuters. Some are going back and some are sitting it out, however, now is not the time to buy over here if your money is in sterling! In fact I think its that the pound is weak, rather than the euro being strong so wherever you look right now could be more expensive.

If I were you I'd save your money in a high interest account until things are settled! Cos even if you do buy, you'll have to transfer you money by using a currency exchange company and they're all becoming desperate at the mo cos of all this!

Jo xx

·
Registered
17 Posts
All the time:

but!!!!!!!!!!

It is the way of the world at the moment :ranger: I remember 1985, 1990 and at least five years after that, thing will only get worse before they get better, sorry to put a downer on things. On the up side if you can afford it now then when things get better so will your lifestyle!! :clap2:
Where and what are you looking for, tell us about yourself and there may be people willing to share advise.

betty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.