Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
Im hoping to move to Sharm have been 13 times over the past 5yrs on holiday. I particularly like Nabq Bay, can anyone recommend a complex with british holidaymakers/owners and have a rough idea of how much a 2 bed fairly new build would be.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hi Pole_Mistress,

Nabq is my favourite part of Sharm too :)

There are three resorts I would recommend for finding other Brits, firstly Sharm Bride and Sierra. Majority of owners on both are British, and there are plenty in permanent residence too. Also both are an easy walk to shops etc and the Union Jack (British bar). The third resort would be Sharm Residence, plenty of Brits and good value 2 bed apartments to rent, but it's in the back so not such an easy walk to places, but fine if you will get a car.

For a two bed apartment you should look at paying 4000-4500 EGP. You may find rent prices now cheaper, like around 3500 EGP, but it all depends on the owner as some have dropped their rates and others haven't.

Just message me if you need any more specific info :)

Sam

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sam
Im looking to buy instead of renting have you any idea how much it would be to buy outright? Im also looking at Hadaba, have stayed in the reef oasis beach resort and like the area as well
thanks
Hi Pole_Mistress,

Nabq is my favourite part of Sharm too :)

There are three resorts I would recommend for finding other Brits, firstly Sharm Bride and Sierra. Majority of owners on both are British, and there are plenty in permanent residence too. Also both are an easy walk to shops etc and the Union Jack (British bar). The third resort would be Sharm Residence, plenty of Brits and good value 2 bed apartments to rent, but it's in the back so not such an easy walk to places, but fine if you will get a car.

For a two bed apartment you should look at paying 4000-4500 EGP. You may find rent prices now cheaper, like around 3500 EGP, but it all depends on the owner as some have dropped their rates and others haven't.

Just message me if you need any more specific info :)

Sam

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hi Sam
Im looking to buy instead of renting have you any idea how much it would be to buy outright? Im also looking at Hadaba, have stayed in the reef oasis beach resort and like the area as well
thanks
Prices can range from 400-800,000 EGP depending entirely on where and what you want.

Hadaba is more of a residential area. Not my cup of tea, I prefer resorts. I like the AquaPark area and love Makani, but more than that you'd be better off finding out from someone who actually stays down that end. I lived in Hadaba for one month only over 4 years ago, things changed!!!!! Lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that rough price idea Sam, its well below my spending limit (divorce settlement :)). Im heading out to Sharm in a few weeks, will probably head into naama bay to look in the estate agents to see what the prices are like for a smallish villa just to see if I could afford one instead of an apartment.
Prices can range from 400-800,000 EGP depending entirely on where and what you want.

Hadaba is more of a residential area. Not my cup of tea, I prefer resorts. I like the AquaPark area and love Makani, but more than that you'd be better off finding out from someone who actually stays down that end. I lived in Hadaba for one month only over 4 years ago, things changed!!!!! Lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi there, If you get there and you like Sierra in Nabq, I know someone who has a top floor two bedroom apartment completed and ready for sale. Its not off plan which is the nice thing and the apartment has stunning views. If you are interested let me know and I will pass on his details to you.

Lou

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just a suggestion.....
Rent for a year before you buy! Living in Egypt is totally different to being on vacation!
I decided to rent for a year before I bought.... after a year I decided I didn't want to buy!
I lived and worked in Egypt for over 4 years, and happily rented.... kept my money at home in the UK, and was very happy I did!!

Everyone thinks they want to stay in Egypt forever..... but few do!!

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Just a suggestion.....
Rent for a year before you buy! Living in Egypt is totally different to being on vacation!
I decided to rent for a year before I bought.... after a year I decided I didn't want to buy!
I lived and worked in Egypt for over 4 years, and happily rented.... kept my money at home in the UK, and was very happy I did!!

Everyone thinks they want to stay in Egypt forever..... but few do!!
:clap2::clap2: very good advice indeed especially now the country is in a state of turmoil.....I also lived there for quite a few years and believe me it's the last place i would think of investing money in...rent then you have nothing to lose.;)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hello everyone
Im hoping to move to Sharm have been 13 times over the past 5yrs on holiday. I particularly like Nabq Bay, can anyone recommend a complex with british holidaymakers/owners and have a rough idea of how much a 2 bed fairly new build would be.
Thanks in advance
Stay away from Nabq Bay, it's turned into Beirut and esp stay away from the Sierra Resort in Nabq Bay it's plagued with problems and there are wild dogs that run loose on the night

Here is all the photographic evidence you need

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/eg...ightmare-called-nabq-bay-sharm-el-sheikh.html

If your looking for a 2 bed choose somewhere residential close to Old Sharm or Hadaba, 2 bed no more than 3000 LE per month

It's a renters and buyer's market at the moment, but if you want Nabq Bay rated and Sierra Resort, Nabq Bay rated look no further than the photos

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Horus
Was that situation not something to do with the revolution. I have been at an egyptian friends apartment in sierra last July and the place looked ok to me
Stay away from Nabq Bay, it's turned into Beirut and esp stay away from the Sierra Resort in Nabq Bay it's plagued with problems and there are wild dogs that run loose on the night

Here is all the photographic evidence you need

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/eg...ightmare-called-nabq-bay-sharm-el-sheikh.html

If your looking for a 2 bed choose somewhere residential close to Old Sharm or Hadaba, 2 bed no more than 3000 LE per month

It's a renters and buyer's market at the moment, but if you want Nabq Bay rated and Sierra Resort, Nabq Bay rated look no further than the photos

·
Registered
11 Posts
My husband and I are moving to Sharm Bride on 1st July (although coming out on 24th). We visited Sierra as it was recommended by a friend but what a disappointment. Outside of resort not bad but the rest of it was like a building site. We understand the part completed hotel at the front has been sold 3 times so wonder if the owners are in some financial difficulties. There are also always problems with power and water supplies from what i've been told. Sharm Residence very nice but like a previous poster has said a bit away from it all.

·
Registered
823 Posts
My husband and I are moving to Sharm Bride on 1st July (although coming out on 24th). We visited Sierra as it was recommended by a friend but what a disappointment. Outside of resort not bad but the rest of it was like a building site. We understand the part completed hotel at the front has been sold 3 times so wonder if the owners are in some financial difficulties. There are also always problems with power and water supplies from what i've been told. Sharm Residence very nice but like a previous poster has said a bit away from it all.
Your best staying away from Nabq, its gone down hill just look at the photos

YES constant issues at Sierra I was at the control room EVERY DAY with internet issues, electric issues, brown water coming out the taps and they were surly and rude, sleeping on a filthy stained mattress and would say WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW

One of the main security (older fat guy, bald) used to try and sell me drugs he is no longer there - sacked

They water the gardens with sewage water and it encourages legions of flies, the little water they do use on the garden is salty and kills the plants, the covers of the sun loungers are torn and there is a so called "prostitute" who lives on the complex and I was offered her wares, the apartments have wires everywhere - inside and outside - I realise its Egypt but i dont have it where I am now

Sharm Bride full of Russian prostitutes - if you can stand the noise of the Jive Bar and the Union Jack - fine - but its selection of tatty shops and Supermarket 5 with inflated prices will leave you wanting to run from the place screaming

Nabq and Sierra and tired and run down and has its council block style apartments gasping and reaching out for buyers and like a forgotten ghost town and failed project,

I had never seen much work going on - the only thing I noticed (as in the photos) was the make shift worker shanty town that has the powerful stench of hashish billowing from the very orifice they like to call a resort

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry Horus - have to disagree with some of your points. Sharm (especially Nabq area) is an up and coming area - have it on good authority that a Disney style park is to be built in the future at the top end by Paradise.
People reading your posts will get the wrong idea about the area - if you really have a downer on Sharm then why are you still resident??
We have done over a years research on where to live in Sharm/Egypt and have made lots of friends on the way (both Egyptian and English) and some of our friends are quite influential in the area.
We are aware Sharm has its problems but hey lets give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If we find that in 6 months, year whatever that it is not the life we thought it'd be then we will relocate - we will not whinge like you seem to do on a constant basis!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oh god, now the seed of doubt has been planted in my mind and I dont really know what to do now :confused:
1. Let me make it clear; I love Egypt and I love Sharm
2. This is my home for the rest of my life
3. Nabq has gone downhill and is like a ghost town

Simply look at the photos in this thread and decide for yourself

My final words are "Come to Egypt - and come to Sharm - but AVOID Nabq

There are far nicer places in Sharm to live and visit

As far as I am concerned Sharm is the best place on Earth - and I have worked in the travel trade and been all over the world

LOOK AT THIS THE PHOTOS IN THIS THREAD AND SIMPLY DECIDE FOR YOURSELF LINK BELOW

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I am going back to Nabq in July and will judge for myself.

Friends who have been visiting Nabq since it was a desert went three weeks ago and still loved Nabq. I guess its Horus that is tired of Nabq and that is why he is seeing the bad side of it.

I will gladly take some photos of Nabq through my eyes in July and report back here with my findings.

Yes Sierra does have power cuts (as does the whole of Egypt - althought in the 20 or so weeks I have spent there, I have not experienced a power cut).

Yes they do turn of the water when doing works, yes it is annoying but it is life - hey just go jump in the pool!

Horus I seriously believe you have just had enough of the area and are looking at things negatively. I suspect you will feel the same in your playboy mansion in Hadaba in due course but of course you will never admit it!!

Prostitutes in Sharm El Sheikh - OMG NEVER ha ha ha! How new and exiting NOT!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I was in Sharm last July it was the time of the massive power outage, in that heat we had no air conditioning but hey it was only off for a couple of hours and the heat was bearable. I was also there over xmas and NY when they got hit by the storm. The roof of our hotel came in, there was a river running down through the lobby, hotel rooms were flooded as was soho square etc etc. I love the way the egyptians just get on with it. If it was to happen and has happened in the Uk there would be uproar and thousands of people moaning. This is one of the reasons for me wanting to move to Sharm as its laidback and the people are lovely.
As for the prostitutes, well ive seen them flashing what they've had for ther breakfast and naming their prices. Im sure we have seen them doing it too in the UK
Well I am going back to Nabq in July and will judge for myself.

Friends who have been visiting Nabq since it was a desert went three weeks ago and still loved Nabq. I guess its Horus that is tired of Nabq and that is why he is seeing the bad side of it.

I will gladly take some photos of Nabq through my eyes in July and report back here with my findings.

Yes Sierra does have power cuts (as does the whole of Egypt - althought in the 20 or so weeks I have spent there, I have not experienced a power cut).

Yes they do turn of the water when doing works, yes it is annoying but it is life - hey just go jump in the pool!

Horus I seriously believe you have just had enough of the area and are looking at things negatively. I suspect you will feel the same in your playboy mansion in Hadaba in due course but of course you will never admit it!!

Prostitutes in Sharm El Sheikh - OMG NEVER ha ha ha! How new and exiting NOT!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts