Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to SA from the US and have a few questions:

I haven't checked with AT & T but I'm pretty sure they don't opperate in SA. I have an iphone and love it. Is there a service in SA that services iphones?

I found a site that said the weather in Cape Town can be compaired with weather in San Francisco but a little warmer on the average. I'm hoping that doesn't include the fog inherant in San Fran?

How is the public transportation in Cape Town? Are used vehicles expensive as in New Zealand and the UK? or is it similar to the US and one can find fairly cheap transportation like a decent used car or motorcycle?

I know these are a lot of questions,

Thanx in advance.

Jake

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm moving to SA from the US and have a few questions:

I haven't checked with AT & T but I'm pretty sure they don't opperate in SA. I have an iphone and love it. Is there a service in SA that services iphones?

I found a site that said the weather in Cape Town can be compaired with weather in San Francisco but a little warmer on the average. I'm hoping that doesn't include the fog inherant in San Fran?

How is the public transportation in Cape Town? Are used vehicles expensive as in New Zealand and the UK? or is it similar to the US and one can find fairly cheap transportation like a decent used car or motorcycle?

I know these are a lot of questions,

Thanx in advance.

Jake
I have never heard of AT & T so im guessing they dont opperate in SA. Numerous places service the iphone in SA. Cape Town's weather is lovely. Sunset at 9 - 10pm in the summer. I dont live in the Cape so i cant comment on the fog, dont think its bad though. Again i dont live in the Cape so i cant comment too much on the public transport. I suppose it depends where you are looking to travel to and from. A decent car is about R40000 = about $5300 (you can get much cheaper cars but im guessing you want something reliable). Dont forget SA drives on the left hand side of the road :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never heard of AT & T so im guessing they dont opperate in SA. Numerous places service the iphone in SA. Cape Town's weather is lovely. Sunset at 9 - 10pm in the summer. I dont live in the Cape so i cant comment on the fog, dont think its bad though. Again i dont live in the Cape so i cant comment too much on the public transport. I suppose it depends where you are looking to travel to and from. A decent car is about R40000 = about $5300 (you can get much cheaper cars but im guessing you want something reliable). Dont forget SA drives on the left hand side of the road :)
Thanx for your response.
Jake

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I am planning on comin 2 cape town for a course and i have been searching for accomodation but it seems accomodation is very expenses ... Is their anyone who can handle cheap accomodation????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts