Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello expats,

I am planning to move to Portugal for a half year and would really appreciate if any of you could help me to answer me some questions that are stuck in my head.

To make it more clear, here is a list:

1.) Which part of Portugal has lowest utility cost? (where I would not need to pay for heating)

2.) Is it common that people rent out fully equipped apartments?

3.) Is it common that renters require deposit?

4.) Where is the best place to look for rental offers online and offline? (Names of: Facebook groups, websites, news papers and etc.)

5.) Do I need to get social ID if I am planning to stay only for a half year?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Hello expats,

I am planning to move to Portugal for a half year and would really appreciate if any of you could help me to answer me some questions that are stuck in my head.

To make it more clear, here is a list:

1.) Which part of Portugal has lowest utility cost? (where I would not need to pay for heating) Actual utility costs are pretty much the same but some areas are cheaper to rent than others. As a rule of thumb, the closer you get to the coast, the higher the rents

2.) Is it common that people rent out fully equipped apartments? Yes

3.) Is it common that renters require deposit? Yes....... we rent an apartment and ask for a deposit of €200 to cover breakages

4.) Where is the best place to look for rental offers online and offline? (Names of: Facebook groups, websites, news papers and etc.) Both options are good but the better deals are probably on small independent websites rather than large agencies.

5.) Do I need to get social ID if I am planning to stay only for a half year? No

Thank you in advance /QUOTE]

·
Registered
56 Posts
No need for heating? You don't say which 6 months, but even in the Algarve you'd struggle to go 6 consecutive months without heating, and i speak as someone from the north of England, not Sao Paulo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts