Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Is there any one planning to move to perth in Jan 2014? Come and join this thread so that we can share, help each other to decide best way forward.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to move to Perth in mid of November or early January.

Most of expat people are moving in January!

·
Registered
210 Posts
if i get visa by next month. i will probably fly on feb 2014....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I am planning to move to Perth in mid of November or early January.

Most of expat people are moving in January!
Y in your case two dates? Do you still have to decide? In my point of view job market will be slow in November

·
Registered
837 Posts
Y in your case two dates? Do you still have to decide? In my point of view job market will be slow in November

Cos I am getting bored here. Have resigned and no much work at office and hence planning to land soon and get some odd job at least!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cos I am getting bored here. Have resigned and no much work at office and hence planning to land soon and get some odd job at least!
Well if you have already resigned then its Better to move. Have you arranged tickets? Have u tried iom for tickets?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well if you have already resigned then its Better to move. Have you arranged tickets? Have u tried iom for tickets?
No. I don't know about IOM. I will get the relieving date on Monday and after that I will prepone my travel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may get your tickets through iom at discounted rates and with excess baggage allowance for once in a life. Iom is international organization for migration

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there any one who recently moved to perth? Can you please advise the better suburb with reference to job search?

·
Registered
83 Posts
So have someone got the firmed dates or plan to move to perth?
I plan to arrive 01/04/14.

Adequate Suburbs depend on your preferences (lifestyle, family situation, acceptable time to work, closeness to CBD/Beach,...) No general statement possible though :lalala:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do u plan to arrive in jan or April
As I am European, I used the standard date format applied in my country and most parts of the world (except the US, China and the Middle East):

DD/MM/YY

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I am European, I used the standard date format applied in my country and most parts of the world (except the US, China and the Middle East):

DD/MM/YY
Okk so u will be moving in April. Whts ur profession and have u booked the accomodation?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hello mechman,
What is your profession?
When are you moving to Perth.

My initial plan was to move in mid Feb, 2014 ...... now it may be in mid april,2014.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to move to Perth in April, 2014.

But I'm worried about accommodation arrangement there .... do u have any idea ? Please suggest ...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts