Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am currently living in Oman and plan on moving to Perth - start of May. Would appreciate any advice you can give me on this move - what to expect etc.

I am a qualified events manager and Teacher in Maths and Geography (secondary school/high school). How easy is it to get work? How do visas work? Can i do part-time - freelance work?

What are the fav spots in Perth. Is there a Gaelic club there?

Looking forward to some tips.

Skippy

·
Banned
934 Posts
Hi all,

I am currently living in Oman and plan on moving to Perth - start of May. Would appreciate any advice you can give me on this move - what to expect etc.

I am a qualified events manager and Teacher in Maths and Geography (secondary school/high school). How easy is it to get work? How do visas work? Can i do part-time - freelance work?

Skippy
You won't get teaching work atm But I have a mate who was workign with the western force who has now taken a job with one of the AFL teams after rejecting a offer with the Red Bull Airrace so I'm sure work is out there.

Gaelic clubs i'm certain there is one here.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi all,

Skippy
Hi

What is your visa status !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,

Weebie thank you for your message.

EE-India, I do not have a visa as of yet so was wondering what way they work ie here in Oman, there are differnt types of visas for differnt jobs. you can only work full time on a working visa. Part-time work is only given as a 3 month visa, holdiay visa does not allow you to work at all. You are not allowed to work 3 jobs here at anyone time on a visa etc. So as many different ruling shere I was wondering what tyoes of visas allowed what work in Oz, Perth.

Thanks,

Skippy

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I do not have a visa as of yet so was wondering what way they work
Have a read through the sticky posts at the top of the forum. The 'PLEASE READ...' post has a link to the visa wizard on the DIAC (The Department of Immigration and Citizenship) website.

You may not be able to move here that quickly and work unless you qualify for a working holiday visa and then I think that you can only work for 6 months of the year. Please check the website for full details.

Regards,
Karen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts