Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh, I just wrote out a massive long post, and it got eaten, so now the bare bones of it.

Moving to Paris for 6 months from UK, bringing labradoodle with pet passport, know how to get there, but no idea how to find a place to live.

Hubby's company would normally sort accommodation, but as we are bringing Wispa they ask that we find something and they will subsidise it.

Can anyone recommend estate agents to use that tend to have pet friendly apartment listings to rent? Would we be best off getting a holiday rental flat, as we obviously require something furnished? Also, any neighbourhoods better than other for dogs? H will be working in the centre, though I'm not sure the exact location of the office. Don't want to risk losing the post again by opening a new tab, otherwise would look it up.

Any other advice happily accepted :)

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Why do´n you look in the 12th or in Vincennes near the bois de Voncennes. It is a great place to have a dog as it is easy to go for walks in the woods there. Look around Porte Doree or vincennes itself. Porte Doree or Daumesnil are in the 12th while Vincennes is in the burbs but on a direct line of metro to the center.
Also look in Puteaux, you have the Island of Puteaux to go for walks. This too is in the burbs but with direct lines to the center. You have the best of both world in these areas as you have the woods and the city. Neuilly and some other areas around Bois de Boulogne are also good but very expensive. THe subway station for Puteaux is La Defense.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Strictly, landlords can't turn you down for having a pet UNLESS you're going for furnished property. I think you may well find it difficult to secure furnished accommodation.

You should perhaps consider unfurnished and budget maybe 3000-5000 to furnish it ( which you can sell when you leave).

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
St Mandé on the Bois de Vincennes is another area that may work for you . There are still lower buildings with gardens and courtyards or right on the park where it would be easier to have a dog. The public transportation is also pretty good.
Check the site Petites annonces immobilières | 1er site immobilier français | Portail immo and check out the area.
When I was a kid we used to live near Porte Doree and I used to go to the Vincennes castle with my father every morning to ride horses in the park before school, there are plenty of people walking their dogs and nice apartments in the St Mande Vincennes and 12th.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I will definitely look into those areas. Unfortunately it really doesn't make sense to get unfurnished. If we were staying longer than 6 months it might, but we aren't. It may be more difficult to find, but it has to be possible to find a furnished flat with a dog.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
The se loger site I gave you has furnished apartments. You may be able to find a furnished apartment if you offer a big deposit or what we used to call a "pas de porte". (not refundable and probably slightly illegal but who is looking).
The site has furnished apartments in Paris so it will be a question of negociating with the owners or managers. Many people have dogs in Paris so if the owners or managers do , a deposit or straight extra payment may soften their heart...
It would also help to tell them if you are not working since they will feel better if the dog is not alone all day in the place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.