Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I'm new to this forum

We have decided we are moving from ireland to Oz July 2010
I'm sooooo excited about it as we've been talking about going for the past 4 yrs

I have one teeny problem my daughter is from a previous relationship. We have just told her dad last wkend of our intentions. He took it well and I don't think he'll have a problem letting her go etc.... THere will be my H2b, myself, my 9 yr old daughter & a 6 month old moving over.

Does anyone know would this cause problems with our visa? Do I need anything from her father when applying? We are going to apply the minute the baby is born in February 2010. My H2b is a fitter by trade so we will be going on the skilled migrant visa

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey there

Im in a similar situation. The ozzie government require for both parents to complete a child authorisation form you will find it on the Department of Immigration & Citizenship website. Basically they just need the form signed and witnessed by a solicitor allowing you to bring the child without one of the parents.

If there is any court orders inr elation to access - check this out too from your country's legal point of view. I did this im in Ireland and got the order struck off

Any questions let me know

Suzanne

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Suzanne

Cheers for replying

What did you do about Maintenance?
The court orders I have is access and maintenance.
Access is every 2nd wkend for 1 night and 1 day

Do these need to be sorted out in a courtroom before I go? Sorry I dont know what the process is so sorry for the stupid questions

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I didnt get the maintenance order struck out - bascially i went down to the court and they said because we both are in agreement and have our own arrangements made I wanted the order struck off. I didnt mention leaving the country as the father agreed on this already. If you can get the father to sign a letter saying you have come to your own arrangements this would be the best and then get a letter from the court confirming that there are no court orders in place anymore. TBH i would get this sorted asap . It doesnt mean you are stopping his access altogether. PM if you are looking for more details

Cheers

Suzanne

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Please only use PM for very personal matters and keep general info out in the open forums so that everyone can benefit.

The reason this forum works so well is that so many people are willing to share their experiences and we know that there are more reading this forum than actually sign up to membership.

Thanks,
Karen

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
It's not a rule it's a suggestion. If everyone used PM then the forum would quickly die and people often don't think about that :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts