Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

with the crazy rent increases we are witnessing day by day in Dubai iam starting to think to move to an other emirate. currently we live in Dubai jumeriah village circle and this area just going up and up for no reason ! the community is not even done and our landlord is asking for 150K fir 4Br town house which the same one i was renting for 95K and we got an eviction notice. Long story short i went to RERA and they said since he gave you a one year notice you have to leave regardless so most likely we will move. but not only this between DEWA , houseing charges...etc its just getting redicilious with of course salary is not moving up with the same speed. And we recently been blessed with 2 baby boys so going out for sure will be less and less , plus my working hours is flexible iam not obliged into a 9 to 6 job so i can always avoid rush hour. we want to move to a community villa and we were exploring Al hamra in RAK or Umm al quien Marina still in the range of 95K but everything cheaper including water and Eelctricity and food. Sharjah is not an option because al Ittihad road is just congested around the clock so we'd rather go further to a quiet area. any one lives in those two communities?. Please advice. because i feel with increasing rent iam just throwing money for no reason my max is 120K but id rather put in this money back to my family and enjoy it rather than giving it to a greedy landlord !!. let me know

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
This is one of the main fallouts from the "boom" that the media is so unashamedly and irresponsibly cheering.

Will RAK not be a bit too far? Where in Dubai is your place of work ?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Do you have to have a villa? Yes, I know what the advantages are for a villa versus an apartment but scores of families happily live in apartments and survive just fine. 120 will get you a roomy apartment in Dubai. Sports City, Al Barsha and Silicon Oasis are well within your budget.

What about Mirdiff? I'm told it's still possible to find compound villas for under 120K.

If you have an established social set in Dubai it'll be a right pain to have to spend a goodly portion of your time driving long distances not only for work but to see your friends.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Regarding the RAK bit, yes places in Al Hamra are kind of nice and within your mentioned budget. But then I would keep the places TallyHo mentioned on a higher priority than here.

The biggest change would be the drive for you, which to be honest, with the new 611 route is really quite a breeze. I drive to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, for work and also social occasions and can get to the Burj/Downtown area within an hour and 15 mins, doing 135 on 611 and not stopping for gas.

The one thing though that you might not have considered is the fact that the drive is fine (imo, but really a straight shot with no traffic) when going to and from work, but can get a bit tiring when spending a whole day out and about with the family in Dubai, or a late night at a party. I've begun to employ one of the drivers for my trips, if I know it's going to be late/long day out ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have to have a villa? Yes, I know what the advantages are for a villa versus an apartment but scores of families happily live in apartments and survive just fine. 120 will get you a roomy apartment in Dubai. Sports City, Al Barsha and Silicon Oasis are well within your budget.

What about Mirdiff? I'm told it's still possible to find compound villas for under 120K.

If you have an established social set in Dubai it'll be a right pain to have to spend a goodly portion of your time driving long distances not only for work but to see your friends.
Thank you for your reply, i still have those under consdieration. now iam in a phase where iam assessing wins and losses, for example after living for 4 years+ in villa my whole furniture is fit for Villa space i have a lot of outdoor stuff that i invested in like a big table , a garden shack a good BBQ . Also since we were staying in 4 BR had to invest in new furniture 3 years a go which also costed money. i dont want to sell this at a through away price. also forgot to mention a full set of camping gear that is all stored nicely in the garage. fitting all this in an apartment will turn it into a warehouse.

my concern is the drive specially if going out at night. Mirdiff is an option but should be away from the flight path not because of the noise only but because of the fumes that those planes through in the air , i work in aviation myself and i know what it means an A380 or a 777 landing with the amoutn of fumes it get out from exhausts and engine turbines on the long run it causes a lot of allergies and flues around the year, Maybe you will tell me a lot of people they live and its just fine. i know but if i can avoid it i prefer because iam in the indsutry. its like living near a big sewage plant for example people know its bad but sometimes they live. we will explore Mirdiff as we get closer to the expiry of our lease and see what it will get us.... but its just tiring fighting either with lanlords or for new places every couple of years. i know friend of mine he been living in hamra for 3 years now every year contract gets renewod seamlessly same rent all same no surprises.... will see how it will go thank you for the advice:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is one of the main fallouts from the "boom" that the media is so unashamedly and irresponsibly cheering.

Will RAK not be a bit too far? Where in Dubai is your place of work ?
I work in the airport. in DAFZA, from Jumirah village its 39 KMS approx to DAFZA on Al Khail Road, and 44 KMS if i use emirates road ( Mohammad bin zayed now). so my work is pretty much in the centre of the city. will see once the lease get close to expiry will start exploring more actively...iam recently getting concerned because i check rents on weekly basis and they just go up and up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
because i check rents on weekly basis and they just go up and up.
those are asking prices. Actual rents are not increasing on a weekly basis, there is a significant lag between asking prices increasing and actual rents increasing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those are asking prices. Actual rents are not increasing on a weekly basis, there is a significant lag between asking prices increasing and actual rents increasing.
Iam calling a lot of real estate agents who takes care of Jumeirah Village circle for example there is a compound called Shamal terrace 16 villas been rented out for the past 3 month. the price difference is scary same villas on the same row some went for 110,000 latest one 2 weeks back went for 165,000 :eek: just redicilious. not to mention that sometimes the same villa is listed with more than one broker and you just feel you are in a shark tank. been living in dubai for 13 years and the same story over and over again even with hundred of villas are still empty in JVC still landlords or agents they try to keep the price as high as possible. ! lets wait and see what will happen after the expo announcement a lot of people are holding back until that date. there is a very big chance that Dubai will win it after that it will be brutal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts