Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day!

I'm an OZ living overseas with my wife who's neither an OZ nor a Kiwi ... I'm thinking of moving to NZ and I'm not sure which path to follow. We both work in IT and highly educated and welling to contribute to the community.

I appreciate if someone can share their thoughts on this topics.

Have a good one,

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
So, are you an Oz citizen with an Oz passport ?
Sorry but your profile says you are Canadian.

....and your wife ?
How long have you been together living under the same roof ?

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hey mate!

Profile fixed .... Yes I'm an Oz ... We've been together for years now....
Cool.
Oz citizens can just come to nz to live and work whenever they like assuming you meet the basic criteria for health and character.
Will be different for your Mrs since she is not an Oz citizen, but if you both come here and you as the Oz citizen declare that you intend to live here permanently then your wife should be able to apply for a partnership based resident visa. So long as you can prove you've been together under the same roof for minimum 1 year. If you've been together more than 5 and can prove it she may be able to get a permanent residency visa ?

You don't need jobs or a job offer etc from an Immigration point of view as you are an Oz citizen.
Your wife the same as she'd be going for a visa via the family stream and partnership.
She may have to struggle along with an interim partnership visitor visa until her application is processed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers

Cool.
Oz citizens can just come to nz to live and work whenever they like assuming you meet the basic criteria for health and character.
Will be different for your Mrs since she is not an Oz citizen, but if you both come here and you as the Oz citizen declare that you intend to live here permanently then your wife should be able to apply for a partnership based resident visa. So long as you can prove you've been together under the same roof for minimum 1 year. If you've been together more than 5 and can prove it she may be able to get a permanent residency visa ?

You don't need jobs or a job offer etc from an Immigration point of view as you are an Oz citizen.
Your wife the same as she'd be going for a visa via the family stream and partnership.
She may have to struggle along with an interim partnership visitor visa until her application is processed.
Hey mate, your response was really helpful and gave me a direction :)

Have a good one!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a new question everyone... Is it possible for an Oz with his non-Australian partner to apply for a NZ PR offshore? I was unable to find an answer to this question on the NZ immi website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts