Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I will be moving to Marseille in June with my (French) husband. Am currently learning French and while my husband has a fantastic family and group of friends in Marseille, I am keen to make my own friends (and don't won't to lose my English!) Would be great to hear from any expats (particularly Aussies!) who are in Marseille!

·
Administrator
50,421 Posts
You may want to contact the AVF Marseille AVF -- Présentation (preferably before June, since in France everything shuts down during the summer months). They have a large group there, with both expats and French people (who would just LOVE to practice their English on/with you).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Tess,

I have been living in Marseille for about 18 months now, and I have settled right in!!
There is an expat group called The Marseille Meetup Group, I haven't joined myself, but I know a few people who go along to events that they have once a month, I would also suggest enrolling in a French class, I met some really nice people in the course that I did last year, and we usually get together once a month for dinner.
Don't worry, there are plenty of expats in Marseille, you just need to know where to start!!

Good luck with your move!!!
Melisa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.