Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Newbie here.

My partner is Cypriot (22yrs old) i am British (25yrs old)
He moved to the UK 6yrs ago with his family and is now unhappy and wants to think about moving back to limassol next year.

I'd really appreciate some feedback and general chit chat about the country and the quality of life there for an English speaking female coming from working in Sales.

Any replies will be much appriciated

xx

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi all

Newbie here.

My partner is Cypriot (22yrs old) i am British (25yrs old)
He moved to the UK 6yrs ago with his family and is now unhappy and wants to think about moving back to limassol next year.

I'd really appreciate some feedback and general chit chat about the country and the quality of life there for an English speaking female coming from working in Sales.

Any replies will be much appriciated

xx
Limassol is the closest thing Cyprus has that compares to a cosmopolitan ‘City’ life one would experience in the UK – but bear in mind the total population of the island is the same as a single metropolitan city suburb in the UK. Limassol has, over recent years, seen an increase in crime (although that’s an island wide phenomenon) although it tends to be focussed against property and violent crime appears still to be rare (but is on the increase). Jobs are difficult to come by but are there for the determined and those prepared to compromise. Reading through threads will reveal a fair cross sections of opinions. If you are currently in a career job in the UK, however, I’d advise that you think very carefully before taking your chances here (unless you’re in a position to transfer).

Your partner may not have completed his army service if he moved to the UK in his mid teens - if he didn't, he'll be drafted on his return, so double check what his status would be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the info.

Are you in Limassol youreself?

I know he hasnt yet been to the army :s

Cannot transfer my job. Would hope to buy an apartement in the UK as a source of income but would ideally get into the Travel industry.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You won't struggle to find a group of friends in Limassol who are English speaking, I must know dozens who have made the move and made friends through friends of friends. I'm sure your man must know a bunch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts