Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,
I am looking for some advice, myself and a friend are moving to Gran Canaria on 26th August 2015. We both have jobs lined up but we are struggling to find a property to rent.
We are ideally looking for a private rent but finding this hard from the UK.
Any advice?
Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Morning,
I am looking for some advice, myself and a friend are moving to Gran Canaria on 26th August 2015. We both have jobs lined up but we are struggling to find a property to rent.
We are ideally looking for a private rent but finding this hard from the UK.
Any advice?
Thanks
Dean
Gran Canaria is a fairly large island with many towns, it really depends on the area where you intend to reside. For far cheaper lets, try to avoid the tourist areas in the south.

Search on google for, Apartamentos para alquilar Gran Canaria, and you will encounter, many sites for all types of property.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The best advice usually posted on here for people in your position is to book a very short term let through AirBnB or similar for two or three weeks so that when you get here you have somewhere to stay. Then, when you are here, you look for something more long term. Trying to find something long term when you aren't in the country will be difficult, (a) because you can't see the properties and (b) because the agents / owners can't see you. This is especially good advice if you are looking for a private rent as there are probably lots not advertised on the internet and word of mouth when you are in situ will help a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts