Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Linda and I presently live in Turkey with my 2 dogs and hopefully, fingers and everything crossed, I have now sold my villa and can relocate to France. I've been living in Turkey for 3 years and although it's been okay, Turkey isn't for me so I've decided to relocate to France around the Biarritz area.

I know absolutely no one in France so I'm hoping on here I can ask lots of questions and build up some contacts. For a start, does anyone about quarantine for dogs coming into France from Turkey.

Thanks in advance for your help !

·
Administrator
51,325 Posts
Well, the good news is that there isn't a quarantine for dogs coming into France. You will need to have them up to date on their shots and have a current health certificate for them. Check with the consulate for details (and possibly the forms you'll need to use).

If you can't get what you need from the consulate, try calling the airline. They normally can give you (or get you) the relevant information.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the good news is that there isn't a quarantine for dogs coming into France. You will need to have them up to date on their shots and have a current health certificate for them. Check with the consulate for details (and possibly the forms you'll need to use).

If you can't get what you need from the consulate, try calling the airline. They normally can give you (or get you) the relevant information.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you for that information, they've got EU Passports but Turkey is not in the EU so I wondered whether it made a difference coming from a Non EU country. I shall be coming by road, flights from Turkey to France are quite complicated (Bodrum, Istanbul, Heathrow, France !). So the best way from here is Cesme, Anconna and then France but presumably the paperwork will be the same.

Thanks again
Linda

·
Administrator
51,325 Posts
Driving the dogs to France may add a slight layer of complication. You should probably check the entry requirements for the dogs for each country you will be passing through. Once they're back in the EU, they should be fine. In fact, you'll probably have some difficulty finding anyone manning the internal borders these days.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driving the dogs to France may add a slight layer of complication. You should probably check the entry requirements for the dogs for each country you will be passing through. Once they're back in the EU, they should be fine. In fact, you'll probably have some difficulty finding anyone manning the internal borders these days.
Cheers,
Bev

Thanks Bev for that. The ferry from Cesme in Turkey goes straight to Anconna in Italy so they will be in the EU once we get off the ferry so there shouldnt be any problems.

·
Administrator
51,325 Posts
Thanks Bev for that. The ferry from Cesme in Turkey goes straight to Anconna in Italy so they will be in the EU once we get off the ferry so there shouldnt be any problems.
Just check the entry requirements for Italy before you head off. You may need a health certificate translated into Italian (check with the Italian consulate before you leave).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just check the entry requirements for Italy before you head off. You may need a health certificate translated into Italian (check with the Italian consulate before you leave).
Cheers,
Bev
Hello Bev

Thanks for your information about bringing my dogs to France. I still havent sold my villa but Ive been making some enquiries and it seems I can fly the dogs from Dalaman to Madrid and then go by road to Biarritz which would be much easier.

I'm going to rent first in Biarritz, do you know of any agents or private owners that would rent for say 6 months, also they'd need to accept dogs which are a Golden Retiever and a Bernese Mountain Dog so they're big dogs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Linda (and Hugo & Claude)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.