Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have Spanish citizenship and I would like to move to France and work. What problems will I encounter? Do I still need to apply for a residence permit?

Advice will surely be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Administrator
48,780 Posts
As an EU national, you have no need of applying for a residence permit (usually a carte de séjour) and in fact, most prefectures will not issue you one. You should use either your national id card (if you have one) or your passport as identification should you be asked to show some for any reason.

Other problems you may encounter may depend on the area you are going to and how well you speak French - but those are common to most expats living in France.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bev,

Thank you for the infos. How about applying for work and social security and paying taxes.

Cheers
Vin

·
Administrator
48,780 Posts
Hi Bev,

Thank you for the infos. How about applying for work and social security and paying taxes.

Cheers
Vin
Applying for work kind of depends on what line of work you're in, and how good your French is. For social security, your employer should sign you up your first day on the job.

Paying taxes - the only tricky thing is that the first year you have to go to the local Impot office to get the forms. It's only after you file for the first time that they send them to you. They don't take any income tax out of your pay in France. You have to remember to put something aside that first year to pay off your taxes in August or September of the following year. After that, you can have payments taken (or make them yourself) quarterly or monthly for the current year.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.