Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

SO the story so far:

I ve taken a office based job paid at a dialy rate in Paris , however the job will include some work offshore out of Africa and also Norway.

The office work will be 9-5 mon - fri but obviously when offshore it'll be 7 days a week.

I ve been contracting as an engineer for a while and up till now worked under an umbrella company. I ve been toying with going Ltd for some time but i'm not sure if now is the time, i mean i'll be subject to 3 sets of tax law! (but income will always come from the paris office)

What i'd really like is an accountants or umbrella comapny to take care of all off my varying circumstances and get me the best deal. I think the majority of income i get will be from working in France and I'm also under the impression that French tax is a better deal for my bracket??

I just don t see why (if i'm out of the country for at least 300 days) that i should pay U.K. income tax but recognise that i must pay somewhere

About teh best lead i ve had is an accountants that will prepare the invoices for me and send them in , however they will not take of teh income tax and NI or equivallent

All the lads that work offshore , you must have some ideas for me!!!

Anyway , all feed back is greatfully recieved and thaks in advance

JB

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.