Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moving to Edmonton in March

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Grandmark 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are moving to Edmonton next month and I’m hoping to get some guidance on the random questions that keep popping up. I apologize if some of these have been asked/answered in other threads. And if some of them seem stupid well… I’d rather risk stupidity than ignorance ;). Thanks for the help!

Vehicles:
During what months do you need a block heater? Are we through the worst of the winter and can I wait to have one installed or is it just safer to have it done before we depart?

I’ve been holding off having a cracked windshield replaced, not wanting to risk another rock chip on the long drive and have to replace a new windshield – is there an inspection process to register vehicles that would require this be replaced beforehand?

Pets:
We’ve had such a mild winter our dogs (mixed mutts) have not developed much of their winter coat – any suggestions on weather gear, i.e. coats, sweaters, boots, etc.?

Is there such a thing as indoor dog parks?

Housing:
Can anyone provide a rough estimate for monthly utilities on a 1,400 – 1,800 sq ft house?

Miscellaneous:
Other than HSBC, is there a bank that will allow you to open an account before you arrive and before you have a SIN?

Appreciate any info. Thanks again!

Kathryn

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.