Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I will probably need to move to Dubai to start my career there but I am still not sure about that. I am an Italian girl, moved to Sydney more than one year ago and enjoying the beach life style so much. I have a job here but it is not what I want and I have started to consider an opportunity that I would have never grabbed before, which is in fact taking this job and moving to Dubai. I have heard many things about this city but no one seems to have a very positive opinion about it and this scares me a bit. Don't want to leave everything here, move there and then regret... I am afraid I will end up feeling lonely, living in a quite remote area with such a different culture...

Let me know what you people think, looking forward to hearing your opinions!!

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi, sorry I actually can't help you becuase I'm also not sure about moving there..but if you have a great job offer I guess you can live a good life over there. I noticed here are many people who wanna meet other expats thus you won't feel lonely hopefully;)
I'm also waiting for advices of others who live there already:)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hi everyone!

I will probably need to move to Dubai to start my career there but I am still not sure about that. I am an Italian girl, moved to Sydney more than one year ago and enjoying the beach life style so much. I have a job here but it is not what I want and I have started to consider an opportunity that I would have never grabbed before, which is in fact taking this job and moving to Dubai. I have heard many things about this city but no one seems to have a very positive opinion about it and this scares me a bit. Don't want to leave everything here, move there and then regret... I am afraid I will end up feeling lonely, living in a quite remote area with such a different culture...

Not exactly remote any more! Modern cities unless you are considering becoming a bedouin?

I came here because I received an offer that advances my career and gave me a salary that makes life comfortable. Would I rather be sitting on Bondi beach everyday? Sure but can't seem to find anyone willing to pay me good money to do so........ :(

Only you can decide what is best for you but I know I couldn't except a position in Oz at my current level of salary as I found there to be just as expensive as here and then on top you have a high tax rate. I base my judgement on the price of beer of course so YRMV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Vanalie said:
Hi everyone!

I'm in the same situation. I've accepted a job offer that is taking me to Dubai. I'm nervous about the move but hopefully I'll meet some expats like myself and start a wonderful new life. I'm sure that you will meet some good people and have a good experience. I believe that if you go with an open mind and search for good people to be around, you will have a good life there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To tell the truth I am not even sure about the job. I applied for a cabin crew position in Emirates and both the job and the move scares me a bit. I guess it is normal as for every change in life, you feel kind of overwhelmed by the fact that you have to take a decision that will change part of your life.

I am afraid Dubai Is too much of a business centre and people are career oriented only, as I see the majority of people move there for job and good money. I am 26 and I think I am still young to think only about that, still want to enjoy my life:)

Anyone working or worked as a flight attendant in Dubai? How is life?

Thanks everyone for the precious advice!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.