Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I will probably need to move to Dubai to start my career there but I am still not sure about that. I am an Italian girl, moved to Sydney more than one year ago and enjoying the beach life style so much. I have a job here but it is not what I want and I have started to consider an opportunity that I would have never grabbed before, which is in fact taking this job and moving to Dubai. I have heard many things about this city but no one seems to have a very positive opinion about it and this scares me a bit. Don't want to leave everything here, move there and then regret... I am afraid I will end up feeling lonely, living in a quite remote area with such a different culture...

Let me know what you people think, looking forward to hearing your opinions!!

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi, sorry I actually can't help you becuase I'm also not sure about moving there..but if you have a great job offer I guess you can live a good life over there. I noticed here are many people who wanna meet other expats thus you won't feel lonely hopefully;)
I'm also waiting for advices of others who live there already:)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hi everyone!

I will probably need to move to Dubai to start my career there but I am still not sure about that. I am an Italian girl, moved to Sydney more than one year ago and enjoying the beach life style so much. I have a job here but it is not what I want and I have started to consider an opportunity that I would have never grabbed before, which is in fact taking this job and moving to Dubai. I have heard many things about this city but no one seems to have a very positive opinion about it and this scares me a bit. Don't want to leave everything here, move there and then regret... I am afraid I will end up feeling lonely, living in a quite remote area with such a different culture...

Not exactly remote any more! Modern cities unless you are considering becoming a bedouin?

I came here because I received an offer that advances my career and gave me a salary that makes life comfortable. Would I rather be sitting on Bondi beach everyday? Sure but can't seem to find anyone willing to pay me good money to do so........ :(

Only you can decide what is best for you but I know I couldn't except a position in Oz at my current level of salary as I found there to be just as expensive as here and then on top you have a high tax rate. I base my judgement on the price of beer of course so YRMV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Vanalie said:
Hi everyone!

I'm in the same situation. I've accepted a job offer that is taking me to Dubai. I'm nervous about the move but hopefully I'll meet some expats like myself and start a wonderful new life. I'm sure that you will meet some good people and have a good experience. I believe that if you go with an open mind and search for good people to be around, you will have a good life there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To tell the truth I am not even sure about the job. I applied for a cabin crew position in Emirates and both the job and the move scares me a bit. I guess it is normal as for every change in life, you feel kind of overwhelmed by the fact that you have to take a decision that will change part of your life.

I am afraid Dubai Is too much of a business centre and people are career oriented only, as I see the majority of people move there for job and good money. I am 26 and I think I am still young to think only about that, still want to enjoy my life:)

Anyone working or worked as a flight attendant in Dubai? How is life?

Thanks everyone for the precious advice!!

·
Banned
2 Posts
Life is wonderful. I have some friends in Emirates. Most of Days long flights and when back just seep and enjoy. Dubai is good city to live, dine out and enjoy but expensive same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.