Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys this is my first post, I was hoping someone may be able to guide me in the right direction.
I currently work in the Uk as a freelance personal trainer and am looking to re-locate to Dubai and do the same, I've got some savings and I'm looking at movingout just after xmas.
As I am going to be working for myself how would I go about getting a visa? I know you require a sponsor if you are self employed, but who can you get to sponsor you?
Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you'll have to go over there and perhaps try to work something out with a local gym. See if any UK gyms have franchises in Dubai. Some more info about sponsors here - justlanded[dot]de/english/Dubai/Dubai-Guide/Business/Self-employment

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi guys this is my first post, I was hoping someone may be able to guide me in the right direction.
I currently work in the Uk as a freelance personal trainer and am looking to re-locate to Dubai and do the same, I've got some savings and I'm looking at movingout just after xmas.
As I am going to be working for myself how would I go about getting a visa? I know you require a sponsor if you are self employed, but who can you get to sponsor you?
Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Kevin
Or you could look at registering as a freelancer through a Free Trade Zone. I would think you could do it through Knowledge Village - they'd probably class you as 'Human Resources Development' It's the route I've just taken, but I've registered as a Limited Liability Company, but only because I wanted to use a company name, not my own, which you have to do if a freelancer. As a personal Trainer I'm guessing that wouldn't be an issue. Google Knowledge Village Dubai, then on their website scroll to 'Business Centre' and then 'How To Apply'
It describes all the costs, and the idea is that it's a 'one-stop shop' Does all your visas/permits/etc. as part of the package and takes a couple of weeks in total.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or you could look at registering as a freelancer through a Free Trade Zone. I would think you could do it through Knowledge Village - they'd probably class you as 'Human Resources Development' It's the route I've just taken, but I've registered as a Limited Liability Company, but only because I wanted to use a company name, not my own, which you have to do if a freelancer. As a personal Trainer I'm guessing that wouldn't be an issue. Google Knowledge Village Dubai, then on their website scroll to 'Business Centre' and then 'How To Apply'
It describes all the costs, and the idea is that it's a 'one-stop shop' Does all your visas/permits/etc. as part of the package and takes a couple of weeks in total.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do :)
Thanks for that mate, its very helpful

Kev

·
Registered
416 Posts
Fitness first, its a gym chain. Know a few people and use the gym myself. Let me know if you need anyone's contact info. I'll give you one of the trainer's info and you can ask them for more details if you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.