Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks I'm new to this

I am looking in to relocating to Dubai with my husband and baby (due oct). At first he will work only but when we are settled I will find a nursery for the baby and hopefully go back to my childcare career.

I'm just looking for general advice really, how is life in general for a new stay at home mum over there ? What are the best areas to live etc?

My husband is looking at store managers positions he has 20 years experience running stores for next retail. The complete packages including acc allowance are around the £45-50k mark. Is this enough for us to live a good life ?

Jill

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Top end equates to 24,677 AED per month. It will be a manageable but a bit tight on that single salary, especially with a child. You'll be living hand to mouth, which when you consider the sacrifices of living here (no family support for you or the newborn) is it worth it?

Will there be any benefits like housing allowance, health care etc?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Stores are open LONG hours here.

I worked in retail in the UK back in the 90's and regularly did 60+ hours a week.

I would imagine it could only be harder here...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was in a similar situation.

Me, my wife and 18 mo baby moved here 4 month ago.

Nurseries often have long waiting lists and easy cost 2500-3000 dhs month. Unless you are very lucky, there is quite a commute to the nursery as well.

As fit the salery, it will depend on where you want to live, lifestyle etc

As for the lifestyle. Im doing alright. My wife got bored. They are now back in her country, where they have friends and family. And doing much better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am a nursery nurse so my hope was to get a job in a nursery where I might get discounted childcare.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a nursery nurse so my hope was to get a job in a nursery where I might get discounted childcare.

·
Registered
63 Posts
All the nuseries ive been to, had only a few western working there. Normally a teacher in each room and a manager. And severl asian helpers for each room

I cant say anything about job oppertunities though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.