Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are moving to dubai. He is going in feb :(and me and the kids will follow, soon after. He is work for Shajah Petroleum. Any advice or info would be greatly helpful! We are from canada and have school age childern. I would love some advice on what to expect or about the company:)We are getting a 5 bedroom duplex. What will that be like? :confused:

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Where exactly will the apartment be? That is what will make the difference.

Read through some threads here, although be aware that they are mostly about Dubai, which is more liberal and Westernised than the neighbouring emirate of Sharjah. Sharjah is a dry emirate and much more traditional. Expats must be more considerate in how they dress and behave.

-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where exactly will the apartment be? That is what will make the difference.

Read through some threads here, although be aware that they are mostly about Dubai, which is more liberal and Westernised than the neighbouring emirate of Sharjah. Sharjah is a dry emirate and much more traditional. Expats must be more considerate in how they dress and behave.

-
We are not sure yet where:( just that they will be giving us a 5 bedroom duplex. Thank you so much for that advice:) I do know Jeff will be working at the Madina Tower Jumeirah Lake Towers. Thank again.:)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
We are not sure yet where:( just that they will be giving us a 5 bedroom duplex. Thank you so much for that advice:) I do know Jeff will be working at the Madina Tower Jumeirah Lake Towers. Thank again.:)
Are you going to be living in Dubai then? Jumeirah Lake Towers is at the Southern end of Dubai. You need to find out where the accommodation will be so you can start securing school places. Get your husband to ask and then come back and we can give you some info about the area. :)

-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you going to be living in Dubai then? Jumeirah Lake Towers is at the Southern end of Dubai. You need to find out where the accommodation will be so you can start securing school places. Get your husband to ask and then come back and we can give you some info about the area. :)

-
I will do that Thanks Again!!:)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Do you mean Crescent Petroleum? If not, I don't think Sharjah Petroleum exists...

One of my colleagues used to work for Crescent and hated it.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Unless the reason they hate their job is the company they work for.

Could easily have just been a personality clash so I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe this company is not of existence and might be pulling a scam. If your husband is asked to contact a travel agency and pay for tickets and visa while he is in Canada then there is something fishy.

If you have their site url and the office number then call to ask reception of the contact person who is promising that position.

An offer is happening to a friend of mine as well and he happened to ask me what I thought. They did not do any phone interview and their promise and requests is not a standard approach for the UAE labor law. I am currently investigating this and that is why I cam across this forum.

If you have any questions I am happy for you to call me on xxxxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe this company is not of existence and might be pulling a scam. If your husband is asked to contact a travel agency and pay for tickets and visa while he is in Canada then there is something fishy.

If you have their site url and the office number then call to ask reception of the contact person who is promising that position.

An offer is happening to a friend of mine as well and he happened to ask me what I thought. They did not do any phone interview and their promise and requests is not a standard approach for the UAE labor law. I am currently investigating this and that is why I cam across this forum.

If you have any questions I am happy for you to call me on xxxxx
They answered the phone and are get a working Visa for him currently. I looked up the company they are listed as a sub company on Crecsent Petroleum's website. The Adress is 106/107 Madina Tower Jumeirah Lake Towers. They also had us contact Barrister Yousuf Osman, Chief Immigration Lawyer, Emirates travel and tourism does any of this sound fishy??? I called his number and he picked up?? How you have me worried.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Elphaba, I have noticed some of my responses were not posted and do understand why. My apology if I had put some contect that should not be discusses on this forum.

My intention is to help Les and Jeff. I can only advice. I am 100% that this job offering is phony and that Les and Jeff have been scammed.

I only hope that they have not done major changes in their life for this.

All in all, I am happy to be directly contacted and I will leave it up to the Moderator to see if this is possible.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Dear Elphaba, I have noticed some of my responses were not posted and do understand why. My apology if I had put some contect that should not be discusses on this forum.

My intention is to help Les and Jeff. I can only advice. I am 100% that this job offering is phony and that Les and Jeff have been scammed.

I only hope that they have not done major changes in their life for this.

All in all, I am happy to be directly contacted and I will leave it up to the Moderator to see if this is possible.
Potentially libellous information cannot be posted on a public forumm especially when it not substantiated in any way. A Personal Message facility (activated after 5 valid posts) exists for confidential discussions.
-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Offer From Sharjah Petroleum

My husband and I are moving to dubai. He is going in feb :(and me and the kids will follow, soon after. He is work for Shajah Petroleum. Any advice or info would be greatly helpful! We are from canada and have school age childern. I would love some advice on what to expect or about the company:)We are getting a 5 bedroom duplex. What will that be like? :confused:

Hi Less and Jeff,

I got a similar offer from US by email from Sharjah Petroleum. They provided the offer with no interview, just a quesitionnaire and the offer terms sounded too good to be true. Is it the same way you guys felt about this and have you tried to find out if this company is genuine - did you call them up? pl let me know. same 5 bed room duplex, toyota camry etc in the offer. did the agent ask for your documents or bank info etc? Please proceed cautiously and please reply to this post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sharjah Pet

They answered the phone and are get a working Visa for him currently. I looked up the company they are listed as a sub company on Crecsent Petroleum's website. The Adress is 106/107 Madina Tower Jumeirah Lake Towers. They also had us contact Barrister Yousuf Osman, Chief Immigration Lawyer, Emirates travel and tourism does any of this sound fishy??? I called his number and he picked up?? How you have me worried.
Les / Jeff:

My name is Ed and I am from Toronto CA. I also got an offer from those guys and they have asked me for 1280 USD along with a scanned copy of my passport, 2 passport size pictures etc. Id love to talk to you guys rgd this as I am not comfortable using Western Union (Strictly) per their guidance... Also, I solicited some of my friends who are in UAE and they have cautioned me regarding numerous scams in Dubai...

Please call me if you dont mind -xxxx..

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Less and Jeff,

I got a similar offer from US by email from Sharjah Petroleum. They provided the offer with no interview, just a quesitionnaire and the offer terms sounded too good to be true. Is it the same way you guys felt about this and have you tried to find out if this company is genuine - did you call them up? pl let me know. same 5 bed room duplex, toyota camry etc in the offer. did the agent ask for your documents or bank info etc? Please proceed cautiously and please reply to this post.

What is now the latest on this from Less and Jeff? I got a similar offer today from Sharjah Petroleum and it does sound fishy. The terms of the deal is similar to that given to Less and Jeff. Does not seem right, especially to a veteran HR person like me. Sounds too good to be true. Anyway, I'm doing my own investigations and will update soon. Any updates from you guys will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Status

What is now the latest on this from Less and Jeff? I got a similar offer today from Sharjah Petroleum and it does sound fishy. The terms of the deal is similar to that given to Less and Jeff. Does not seem right, especially to a veteran HR person like me. Sounds too good to be true. Anyway, I'm doing my own investigations and will update soon. Any updates from you guys will be very much appreciated.
So the travel company is legit - Called a friend and he has used them quite a bit for Dubai Travel - However still unclear on the company. The HR person who sends these e mails uses a gmail alias vs a company alias...

still waiting to hear from les / Jeff since they seem to be the only couple who has moved forward with this offer to see where it sits..

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the travel company is legit - Called a friend and he has used them quite a bit for Dubai Travel - However still unclear on the company. The HR person who sends these e mails uses a gmail alias vs a company alias...

still waiting to hear from les / Jeff since they seem to be the only couple who has moved forward with this offer to see where it sits..
I am almost 95% sure the company is a fake. But a friend of mine will be visiting the company itself and asking directly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.