Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So very new to this!

Myself and my partner are thinking of moving to Dubai (he is out of work as an Electrician and I am looking for a bit of a change from this miserable country!).

I have a 2 year old, we are unmarried and I was wondering how do-able would it be for us to move to Dubai? Or is it a no-no? I do NOT want to end up in a Dubai prison!! :)

I have a good job at the moment - managing a team in a Medical billing company - so admin really. Do you think I will be able to find a good job? Guessing my partner will prob get the better paid job with perks etc.

Is it a MUST to have housing etc included in salary? As I say - very new to this so wondering what we will need and what we won't.

If I'm working, I will obviously need childcare - are creche's common practice over there?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Un-married with child, you are going to have a real problem.

That aside, admin and electrician are both low paid occupations. Really low paid.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not sure where you're from but its not easy to find a good job without having the right connections. Most are approached for jobs actually.
As an electrician, your partner will be competing with a whole pool of Indians. So find something first, ask for a package, which should definitely include housing, then start thinking about next steps.
Nursery is available but expensive when full-time. When your toddler turns three, that's when kindergarten starts and that's when you will need school costs to be covered by your employer. Really, it's not cheap starting at EUR 7k/yr.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your husband cannot sponsor you and you could not sponsor your partner being unmarried. You would each have to have a job and each your own visa. Technically you are not allowed to live together unmarried.
Based on that fact alone I would not recommend moving here unless you get married. And yes, without any housing, shcool, car or gas allowances it will be very expensive to live here.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Your husband cannot sponsor you and you could not sponsor your partner being unmarried. You would each have to have a job and each your own visa. Technically you are not allowed to live together unmarried.
people do take the risk and 'live in sin', but adding a child into the mix would be an extremely bad idea for all concerned.
Dinnae do it!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Actually, there is nothing "technical" about it... its against the law, period...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts