Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Good day to you!

I have got an IT job with Emirates IT Group (Mercator account) and will be moving to Dubai by this December.
If anyone from here have worked with them,please do share the feedback on how the organisation and its work culture is.

Also I have been told that only Friday is Holiday in their company,so it will be quite hectic,I would like know if there are any half days and also the list of mandatory holidays in Dubai.

Salary on Offer is 12k and I would want to save atleast 40-50% of it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Surely your offer letter states your working week? And you can google the list of public holidays here. For information on cost of living, have a look at the stickies.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Also I have been told that only Friday is Holiday in their company,so it will be quite hectic,I would like know if there are any half days and also the list of mandatory holidays in Dubai.

Nope, not true.
Not aware if any department working 6 days a week...

Salary on Offer is 12k and I would want to save atleast 40-50% of it.
Talking about total offer or basic salary? And for which grade (I assume 7)? Anyway it really depends on many factors (single, married, kids...) and mainly on your lifestyle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,Thanks for the responses.

Hi NjxNA,
I was told it would be 6 days a week,the Company is Emirates IT Group. Do you know someone from that company who can comment on it. And also the work culture there?

Total offer for a month is 12000k, I am single and I have one more friend who would be coming along with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts