Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of research re shipping a dog. I have an active chocolate lab that'll be moving with us from Canada in the summer unfortunately. Any recommendations re making transition easier, vets, possible body of water to swim, etc.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've done a lot of research re shipping a dog. I have an active chocolate lab that'll be moving with us from Canada in the summer unfortunately. Any recommendations re making transition easier, vets, possible body of water to swim, etc.
Dogs are not allowed on the beaches here. You may find a stretch to walk he/she on out in the desert but it is not allowed on the public beaches. Also bear in mind if you are moving into an apartment not all areas allow dogs
I cannot help with vets sorry

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Join the Dogs in Dubai and Wag ‘n’ Walk groups on Facebook. Vets vary. When you know where you’re living, ask for nearby recommendations on DiD.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Most people take their dogs to Al Qudra lakes for a swim, however, legally dogs aren't allowed off-leash in public areas. You can take your dog to a 'remote' stretch of beach, but it's a no no on the public beaches I'm afraid.

You MUST get permission from any landlord to have your dog, so make sure that's in your tenancy contract.

Vet recommendations will depend what area you're moving to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts