Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm moving to Dubai in september this year to study at Herriot Watt University in the accademic city, just wondering if anybody is there? Doing something smilar? Any tips?

Thanks!!

:D

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I should say straight away that I don't have kids but if I did the one thing that would concern me about education in Dubai is the extremely high turn over in teaching staff.
It only takes a few minutes to look at the site and see how many threads there are about teachers coming and what sort of pay scale they are on.
The low pay appears to just attract younger low experience teachers who only stay a couple of years.
Herriot what is a British Brand for sure but that's like saying McDonald's is an American restaurant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
uk to uae

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Dubai in september this year to study at Herriot Watt University in the accademic city, just wondering if anybody is there? Doing something smilar? Any tips?

Thanks!!

:D
Im doing the same thing! studying at hw dubai 3rd year civil eng. what u doing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
dont really use this forum... can u pm me. what do u mean bash hw? don't say its not good!! lol ive invested money in this lol

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
When i went to University, i could spell 'academic' and the name of the University i went to. (Heriot Watt), but i went to a Scottish University in Scotland.....

just saying...!

A lot of friends went to HW in Scotland and had a good time. No idea about their Dubai campus, though.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Hurry up students get into Best colleges abroad for Jan Intake ,visit us for first free counseling session with Experienced counselors For UK/USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA/CYPRUS/NZ for more info/inquiry mail us
Glinks International | Suite No 316, Office Court Bldg,
Behind Rashid Hospital | Near Oud Metha Metro Station,
PO Box 119066, Dubai, UAE | Glinks International
For your convenience add us on whatsapp or ping us on -| M: +971502674636
Tel: 04-3578604
i'd expect someone pedalling education services to have better control of punctuation, capitalisation and self-checking, to be honest, but each to his own!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts