Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hi there!
We are currently in Sydney and heading your way in Feb 10.
Just like to thank you all for your input on this forum.
I have been surfing like crazy to get information since we found out we might be coming over and always came back to this site.
We found out Friday night that we are definitely moving and are happy at the prospect of a new adventure. My kids (11yrs and 15yrs) are quiet excited, maybe a bit sad to be leaving their friends but overall taking the whole thing in their stride.
We have much more research to do and I hope to take full advantage of you all, with lots of questions over the next couple of months!!! :D
My hubby will be working at the airport and coming over a month before us so hopefully he can suss out best place to live and schools in the area or nearby.
My girls have just finished year 6 and 10 but I am assuming they will have to go back into 6 and 10 to finish the school year in Dubai. Would this be the case?
Are there any other mums of older kids out there with some good advice for my lot? I am getting bombarded with questions e.g. my eldest was set to start Hospitality and Food Tech courses in Yr 11 and wondered if any of the International Schools had similar courses.
My youngest is concerned about what she is going to eat! I assured her they have Macca's in Dubai as well, ha!
Ok so sorry if I'm waffling. Perhaps I will meet some of you one day soon, but meantime I'm off to bed.
Goodnight:wave:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats. You'll be able to find most of what you need, just not maybe the brands you're used to. If you come with an a patience, a flexible attitude, and a willingness to learn and not critique, you'll have a great experience here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.