Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys

i am looking to move to cape town with my family in march with my company, looking to go on a intra company transfer permit, and then apply for temporary residancy.
is this the best way to do it??
also, i will need to purchace a vehicle when i am there as its going to be 5 year contract, do i need a SA driving licence to purchace a vehicle??

alot of othe questions but i will look around on here to see if i can get any other answers.

thanks

neal

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
"looking to go on a intra company transfer permit, and then apply for temporary residancy."

I don't understand this as an Intra-Company Transfer Permit is already a type of temporary residence permit. Furthermore, if you change your status, your company would need to be notified. Are they happy for you to leave?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi
yes its my company that want me to move, i didnt realise the intra company permit was like that.
as it only lasts for 2 years and can not be extended thats why i said then go for temporary.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey - I'll let others comment about the permits - but for the car...

1 - You don't need a SA license to purchase a car ( buying cash)
2 - If you want to finance with a bank here - then YES - you will need an SA license to qualify for financing
3 - You don't even need a SA license to buy car insurance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts