Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My family and I are relocating to Biarritz this summer due to my new job.

We are finding it difficult to find a property to rent in Biarritz due to most properties being kept for holiday lets.

Also, I know a lot of Landlords will find new tenants through word of mouth due to high fees from estate agents.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can try searching next?

We move mid-June

Thanks!

·
Administrator
51,981 Posts
Are you looking for furnished or unfurnished properties? Because for long-term (i.e. year round) residence, you may have much better luck finding an unfurnished flat or house. Furnished properties are intended as vacation rentals, due to the laws that apply.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've spent the last few months searching for an apartment for the four 'busy' months (June, July, August and September). As you have found, most landlords are only keen to rent at summer prices during these months.
Have you searched Petites annonces gratuites d'occasion - leboncoin.fr ?
I also have a spreadsheet that I have compiled over the years of all the estate agents in and around Biarritz. If you would like it send me a PM and I will give it to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your replies

We are not too concerned whether the house is furnished or not, we would take either right now!

I've tried leboncoin but had no luck on there so far.

I was in Biarritz 3 weeks ago and went into every immobilier I could find and left my contact details but have heard nothing. JamesOK, do you think it would be worth contacting them again? Can I ask why you have been looking for a summer apartment?

Would you suggest that we look for something as cheap as possible for the summer months and look to rent long term from September/October 2012 until May 2013?

Thanks again for your input!

·
Registered
172 Posts
JamesOK, do you think it would be worth contacting them again? Can I ask why you have been looking for a summer apartment?

Would you suggest that we look for something as cheap as possible for the summer months and look to rent long term from September/October 2012 until May 2013?
It is certainly worth contacting them all again. There is a chance that they have not been able to rent out one of their places for the summer and now the owner is sweating.

If you are looking for something as cheap as possible would you consider camping or caravanning for July and August? There are several campsites in the area (I also have a spreadsheet of most of these too).

I live in Chamonix during the winter and operate transfers from Geneva airport. My summers are spent in the BIarritz area doing the same thing but from Biarritz airport. Most years I live in a caravan but this year I have upgraded to a house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.