Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got my PR under visa subclass 176 recently and had received a State Sponsorship from South Australia.

I am an Indian IT professional with 4 years of experience as a Web Developer and an Analyst. I would like to know what is the exact IT scenario in Adelaide. Are there any good opportunities? How difficult is it to get a job ?

Also, it would be great help if you can help me out with the average rent of a shared accommodation (preferably furnished). And what kind of cost of living should I be looking forward to (am moving alone w/o family).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kinshuk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone help me with the information!?

·
Registered
52 Posts
well regarding IT opportunities in Adelaide, you may visit seek, mycareer website. If you are interested private room in share house, then its rent would be around 150-200 aud per week. however sharing room will save your money more. your monthly expenses around 800-1000 AUD depending on your lifestyle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well regarding IT opportunities in Adelaide, you may visit seek, mycareer website. If you are interested private room in share house, then its rent would be around 150-200 aud per week. however sharing room will save your money more. your monthly expenses around 800-1000 AUD depending on your lifestyle.
Thanks for the update. Well the rent that you have mentioned on sharing basis, is that near the CBD area in Adelaide or is it like pretty far from the city area?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Thanks Rafay.

Could you plesase tell us, how do we find sharing rooms before comming to SA

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can search on realestate australia for separate homes and gumtree australua in case you are looking for shared accomodation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rent could be for studio/2 bed appartement and on shared house. you cant get accommodation before arriving there until someone u know there to book for you. Adelaide is very small city you get this rent nearby suburbs and easily get CBD within 10-20 minutes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rent could be for studio/2 bed appartement and on shared house. you cant get accommodation before arriving there until someone u know there to book for you. Adelaide is very small city you get this rent nearby suburbs and easily get CBD within 10-20 minutes.
Hey Rafay,
Have u already moved to Australia? If yes..where are u currently residing (which state). And which industry are u professionally aligned to?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh ok..thts good..so do you by any chance have friends working in the ICT sector in Adelaide..It would be great if I can get some personal references beforehand.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
How are the areas around North Adelaide ? I will be moving in the 1st week of July to SA ....Looking for a shared accommodation near the CBD area...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.