Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

Thanks for checking my post.

I am new to this user community and I am working in USA (IT professional).I have around 6 years of experience n IT.

I am thinking of moving to Australia .Would be glad if some one can answer my below questions

a) Is there any Skilled labour visa or can i apply for PR with 6 yrs of experience?Sorry i am new to this user group.

b) What is the eligibility in getting Australian Skilled work Visa/PR.

Regards
Hunter

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Hunter,

Have you been through the sticky threads at the top of the forum? The one that's called 'PLEASE READ......' has links to a visa wizard and also the ACS (Australian Computer Society) who do the skills assessment for IT.

Depending on what sort of IT you do you may be on the Critical Skills List (CSL) so your visa would be processed before other visas in less critical categories.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi hunter,

welcome to the forum. karen has already suggested checking the sticky threads. there is heaps of useful info in there.
you have to check if you are in the SOL or CSL, you have to get yourself assessed by ACS first, once u get positive assessment, you apply for the visa. depending on your skill (CSL or SOL) you get your PR visa anything between 8 months to 3 years.

yes if you have 6 years experience in IT, you can apply for PR visa once you get positive assessment done.

Hope this helps.. I am sure you would have too many questions popping in your head once you go thru the sticky threads. feel free to give us a shout.. there are many here who have been through where you are,

Cheers
Anj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts