Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears,
I am planning to move to Australia for first entry with family. I am planning to be in Perth or secondly in NSW. Your suggestions are welcome for the budget allocation for family of 4 having infants. How much it will cost for residence (medium) and kitchen expenses. I plan to have job hunt during this time and have no idea how much it will cost me for frequent traveling.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it is only a validation trip and you want to move permanently later on, it should be a short visit (up to a week or two) to save on for the final move later. Residence expense would be around $100 per night in an avg hotel or apartment (try gumtree or airbnb). For food and travel expenses, avg would be $300 to $500 per week (depends if you dine out or cook at your place and how much you travel etc.). I would not recommend to hunt for a job during this short visit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is helpful. My trip would be validation plus short market analysis. It will need frequent travelling within city. How about local transport in perth or NSW? Metros are available or rental car is a must?

·
Registered
66 Posts
it will be definitely more convenient plus time saving if you rent a car since you have infants with you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where in NSW? If it is Sydney, local transport is pretty good (train, bus, light rail, ferries). You can pre-plan your trip here to get idea of cost and time Plan your trip using public transport in Sydney and NSW

In Perth, public transport is not so good as compared to Sydney. But, it depends where you chose to live (like near train station). You can plan your Perth journey here Transperth Journey Planner

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi All,

Am also having some queries as am moving under VISA 489 with my wife and an infant to South Australia / Adelaide, Am very much worried relating to accommodation and job scenario over there in SA. Moreover can I open my Bank Account before leaving?

Regards,

Noman Javed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts