Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Well it's set to go. House is in a right old state ! But we are moving out of our house on the 6th July then heading to a family member to say good bye and we leave on the ferry on the 10th July. We will see some friends in France on our way down.

What I need to ask is has your heat wave broken yet ours did today, if not does anyone have any knowledge of when/if it will be breaking?

We are travelling with a little dog and although I'll be taking lots of water and a small towel to drench and let her have it to cool down a bit I really need to know if it's going to be in 30/40/50's

Thank you for any information

Moyra

·
Registered
16,058 Posts
What I need to ask is has your heat wave broken yet ours did today, if not does anyone have any knowledge of when/if it will be breaking?

We are travelling with a little dog and although I'll be taking lots of water and a small towel to drench and let her have it to cool down a bit I really need to know if it's going to be in 30/40/50's
In the southern half of Spain the temperatures average around mid 30s during the whole of July and August, often well into September. Sometimes more. Hope you have good air-con in your car!

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
They are predicting a long hot summer with basically heatwave after heatwave. The last three years have been exceptionally hot in the Madrid area (don't know about other areas, but think it's the same), or is the use of the word exceptionally superfluous. Is this the norm that we'll have every year now, hotter and hotter until we explode!!?

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Heatwave in France too. We hit 39 here yesterday with 'feels like' of 45. However, it's cooled down here today and should cool down across France by early next week (we had the heatwave earlier than other areas). Fortunately for your travel through France, it should be under 30 until August, with long term predictions for extreme heat in late summer and autumn.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your comments. It looks like it will be a slower drive down with many stops for drinks ... just water !!! Pesky Wesky I hope we don't explode, I'm sure I'll make one really bad mess !!! Ha ha ha ha

Take care all and thanks

Moyra

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well today's the day. Furniture will be on its way Sunday and we leave tonight on the midnight ferry. We hope to be in Arboleas by Wednesday. Not looking forward to the 2,000 or so km's but at the end will be our home.

Will let you know how it goes.

Take care and thank you for all your information and help getting us to where we are today. A great site with some nice people.

Moyra

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Well today's the day. Furniture will be on its way Sunday and we leave tonight on the midnight ferry. We hope to be in Arboleas by Wednesday. Not looking forward to the 2,000 or so km's but at the end will be our home.

Take care and thank you for all your information and help getting us to where we are today. A great site with some nice people.

Moyra
Congratulations, hope you have a safe trip.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,332 Posts

Moyra
Enjoy... it's a great adventure

·
Registered
28 Posts
have a safe trip , we are off to Murcia on wed for a viewing trip for several places ,some with a pool , so we will be following you later this year ,{the wife already knows which place we are having } bless her ,good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Moyra, We are in the process of buying in Arboleas. Hoping to relocate in Aug / Sept. we have so much to do and so many questions. I see that you made the move in 2014. Would it be possible to make contact to hear your experiences and recommendations?
Many thanks. Ian and Jaci

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.