Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband , my dog and myself are moving in to our new house in November. I am not a golfer but my husband is does anyone no where I can meet new people in and around this area. I am also willing to do a bit of child minding or babysitting, all my children have grown up now and left home, I trained as a childrens nanny, but I am in my mid 50s now.

·
Banned
533 Posts
almancil

Hi maryatness
I am sure you will find loads of friends in that area. I don´t know if this information is any good to you, but I will let you be the judge of that. There is a great English school in Almancil, Vale do lobo and Quinta do Lago area. They fallow the English program, so the school works between 08.30 and 15.30. I know for a fact that the school is trying to create some sort of facilities, like extra lessons or activities, because some of the parents are still working up to 18.00. One of my friends is in that situation. What about contact the school, produce your CV, and, let the parents know that there is someone in there, English qualified, to look after their kids until they finish work? Near half of the students are English and all the teachers, as well. If you fancy having a go at it, this is the contact.

Escola Internacional São Lourenço
Sítio da Rabona
8135 Almancil
Algarve, Portugal
Tel: +351 289 398 328
Fax: +351 289 398 298
International School São Lourenço - Home

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John
That is a really good idea, I have never thought of that.
It has given me something to look forward to enquiring about. I dread having very little to do, especially as my husband plays a lot of golf!
Mary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts