Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We as a family are moving to Adelaide end of September this year. Is there anyone out there planning similar timelines ? :noidea:

Regards,
Maria

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Maria,

I am also planning to move Australia (Adelaide) in the first week of September with my wife and will later send her back to India.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Maria,
My husband will be travelling to Adelaide in Sept 1st week from bangalore. I and the kids would join him in Oct. Have you made any progress on house or school search.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Maria,
My husband will be travelling to Adelaide in Sept 1st week from bangalore. I and the kids would join him in Oct. Have you made any progress on house or school search.
Hi Rednam,

We are from Bangalore too :D & we (self, husband & 2 children) plan to move September or latest by 1st week of October.

yes, we have started the search. But not successful as yet. My agent confirmed to me that they will arrange stay for the first week and then they will help me to find a long term residence.

We have two Children. We are talking to some of the universities for the admission of our daughter. However, for the little one who is 6 & 1/2 years old we are yet to work on his school.

Let me know if you have some come across something.

Since we both are from Bangalore and our timelines are similar, it would be good if we can connect with each other. Atleast we will have some moral support :D once we land in Adelaide :eek:.

What do you say ?

Regards,
Maria

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Maria,

I am also planning to move Australia (Adelaide) in the first week of September with my wife and will later send her back to India.
Hi,

Nice to know that. I just had a chat with another applicant who has similar timelines. I guess it would be good if we all can make a friend group.

Regards,
Maria

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi,
Can you pls add me to the group too. We have just applied to SA and yet to get any response. Would be helpful to connect with others moving to SA and learn from their experiences.
We too were in Bangalore until last month and moved to Mumbai now. We are a family of 4.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
Can you pls add me to the group too. We have just applied to SA and yet to get any response. Would be helpful to connect with others moving to SA and learn from their experiences.
We too were in Bangalore until last month and moved to Mumbai now. We are a family of 4.
:eyebrows: Hello.

Welcome to the group. you can inbox me your full name and number, so that I can include you in our group.

Don't worry... you will hear from them soon.

In most of our cased it was a direct grant. I applied on 26th May and got my grant on 14th of July. what are your timelines :juggle:?

Regards,
Maria

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi all , Have applied for PR for Adelaide on 6th Aug'15 and keeping ,my fingers crossed for the grant :)

Would request all to please keep this thread alive and keep posting information here of school, which neighbourhood to stay in , jobs related here, i do not have whats app and really need to be kept posted and updated with the journey of our fellow immigrants ... it will help us in a number of ways .. gaining from your experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Gunjan,

I came across your conversation and wanted to introduce myself. I too am heading to Adelaide during the last week of October and will be great if we can catch up on a call or email regarding the same. I am a ICT Trainer by profession and will be looking for jobs in Adelaide. I will inbox you my email address and we could catch up on further detail.

Nice to meet you.

Regards,
deesharma

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello christine2039,

I lodged my Visa application in the second week of March and got the grant on the first week of July.

Regards,
deesharma

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am in favor of making the group.

So that we can help each other.
Hello Guys,

It seems really nice Idea. I also think like that. I applied in March and anytime I can get golden mail and will be planning only for Adelaide.

I have been informed by one of online friend that majority Indian community is situated in north and North East area from CBD. We can identify Indian Communities through Indian Grocery stores.

you guys can go through realestate.com.au and SA govt's official website where you can find more options for home purchase or Home rental.

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I added my Spouse and 2 kids as non-migrating applicants. The Visa was lodged only for me. However I needed to add the details of my dependents in the Visa application.

Regards,
deesharma

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi gunjan.,

I am also from delhi and have applied for adelaide as well.. Hope to get the visa soon...
If you tell me which category u had applied.. 190 or 489??

Thanks

Hi,

My name is Gunjan and i am from Delhi.

I am going to adelaide on 4th of September, for visa activation.

My number is <snip> - use PM's please

Regards
Gunjan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi gunjan.,

I am also from delhi and have applied for adelaide as well.. Hope to get the visa soon...
If you tell me which category u had applied.. 190 or 489??

Thanks
Hi,

I had applied under visa subclass 190, occupation Facilities Manager.

Regards
Gunjan

1 - 20 of 55 Posts